+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just saw someone who applied in Oct but gave biometrics on Dec 9 , getting approval - what is wrong with older applications and why are these applications getting picked sooner?

Spouse - PR
Other Spouse - Applied VV on the new Portal
Got Approved today

Like seriously.. why can' they adhere to some order?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Just saw someone who applied in Oct but gave biometrics on Dec 9 , getting approval - what is wrong with older applications and why are these applications getting picked sooner?

Spouse - PR
Other Spouse - Applied VV on the new Portal
Got Approved today

Like seriously.. why can' they adhere to some order?
Oh, thanks for this. Not sure what is going on really. I cannot even thing of reapplying now :(

• Sad
Reactions: BA101

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Hi,
I had applied for a TRV for my spouse and minor (7 year) daughter on september 18 via the new portal.
I got the PPR for my wife today, but no update on my daughter's profile. Is this normal? And when should I expect an update?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
This is what it says in there instructions

Make sure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number.

By submitting a new application, your previous visitor visa application will be withdrawn. There is no guarantee of a refund, and you won’t receive a letter to confirm that your application has been withdrawn.
That happened to me today, they sent me biometrics correspondence letter then few days later my old application was withdrawn. Do I have to wait another 7 months for my turn now?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I had applied for a TRV for my spouse and minor (7 year) daughter on september 18 via the new portal.
I got the PPR for my wife today, but no update on my daughter's profile. Is this normal? And when should I expect an update?
Excellent Vedant! I remember you from much older posts. Hang in there, your daughter will also get it. And Congratulations!

Chinmai89

Feb 28, 2021
Hi Everyone, it's so good to see October applications are slowly moving and getting final decision.

I have a quick question, I applied for visitor visa for my spouse (resident of India) via new portal on October 25th. Biometrics previously completed and updated immediately.

On Dec 18th, I re-applied for visitor visa using new portal (as Oct applications were not moving at that time).

Will IRCC still process previous application submitted on Oct 25 or I just have to wait in line for application submitted on December 18th?

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Raised a webform and this is what they replied

“ Most applicants who submitted temporary resident applications after September 7, 2021, can expect to be contacted within 14-30 business days. However, due to high volumes some applications are currently taking longer than 30 days to process. In this case, we are grateful for your patience in waiting to hear from us.”

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
I received BVL on 19th December. Final
Decison in application shows that your application is approved. You need to submit passport to complete the application'
However there is no PPR in the messages, no email. Did anyone across similar situation?