+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
Hello Nancy,

I have also submitted my family visitor visa last year in September 2020. Our biometrics is done on 30-July 2021, but after that not a single update from IRCC. I came to know this thread that we can escalate long aiated applications to MP. Can you please give me the email of MP to whom I can show my case? That will be a great help from your side.

Thanks you
Hi shlokthosar

You have to contact your Area MP. Check your local area website enter your postal code and see who is your are MP.
You will find an email and send email to them about your situation. They will repsond in 2-3 and this is holiday week so they will responds after 3 Jan as i checked with my area MP last week. They will ask you to sign content form and will ask status of application and inform you.
Also MP cant expediate your application they can just ask Application status.

Thanks
Nancy

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
hi. When you parents sent their passports for stamp what other documents did they send? What is the ‘courier and sms form’ that vfs India asks for after completion of the vfs web form for passport submission?
Hi,
Congratulations first of all. Could you please mention if this was the initial application for your parents and which country did they apply from?
Regards

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi shlokthosar

You have to contact your Area MP. Check your local area website enter your postal code and see who is your are MP.
You will find an email and send email to them about your situation. They will repsond in 2-3 and this is holiday week so they will responds after 3 Jan as i checked with my area MP last week. They will ask you to sign content form and will ask status of application and inform you.
Also MP cant expediate your application they can just ask Application status.

Thanks
Nancy
Hi Nancy,
Please can you provide the link to where I can look up the MP from? My file for TRV spouse has not received any update since 10th Oct this year after applying for the 2nd time on the new portal. Any info will be much appreciated! Thank you

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi Nancy,
Please can you provide the link to where I can look up the MP from? My file for TRV spouse has not received any update since 10th Oct this year after applying for the 2nd time on the new portal. Any info will be much appreciated! Thank you
Hi Luxp

You can find your nearest MP at gcommons.ca

*Many* applications from Oct are stuck on the IRCC Portal with no decisions. Web forms and calls have been a joke lately.

You can ask your MP to find out the status but it does nothing except building up some anxiety and hope in this endless wait.

All the best.

Nellyshinwari

Star Member
Sep 9, 2021
Hi everyone I applied for my in laws March 17, 2021 and November 11, 2021 we got a reply saying it’s flagged for priority processing since now we haven’t heard back from them does anyone know how long does priority processing takes ???

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi Luxp

You can find your nearest MP at gcommons.ca

*Many* applications from Oct are stuck on the IRCC Portal with no decisions. Web forms and calls have been a joke lately.

You can ask your MP to find out the status but it does nothing except building up some anxiety and hope in this endless wait.

All the best.
Thanks BA101, for the info provided

Do you have any experience of or know anyone who has sought an MPs help where it resulted in no meaningful or any meaningful updates? I will reach out to my MP by tmrw will all details. They have sent me a form to fill.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks BA101, for the info provided

Do you have any experience of or know anyone who has sought an MPs help where it resulted in no meaningful or any meaningful updates? I will reach out to my MP by tmrw will all details. They have sent me a form to fill.
A few of my friends reached out to MP. One MP said it is not possible to support. 3 others got the details. One of them actually had a medical condition and the MP emailed IRCC on top of the PHAC note and she is still waiting for a decision on VV for her spouse. All the best to you

candachalo

Feb 10, 2018
My parents got biometrics appointment in Jalandhar VFS after 90 days of application submission which was on Nov30th. Now their biometrics is done, would their biometrics will get accepted/validated, is there anything else I need to do in this case ?

Application submission thru GC key: Aug 23rd 2021
Biometrics: Nov 30th 2021
No update yet after biometrics