+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

jigsaw10

Dec 13, 2021
Just wanted to share our experience in getting my mother in law's TRV.

I am a Canadian Citizen. My wife is American and daughter is Canadian.

1st application (GCKEY): August 15, 2021 online from Manila, Philippines
Biometrics Submitted: September 15, 2021 in the US
2nd Application (IRCC Portal): November 27, 2021 online from Manila, Philippines
PPR & BVL: December 14, 2021
VAC: Manila, Philippines
RFT: Reunification Immediate Family

We waited for 4 months through GCkey and took a little over 2 weeks via IRCC portal.

Reactions: swordenium

ettesar

May 3, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2016 VOH-02/08/2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016 :)

2nd Application (IRCC Portal): November 27, 2021 online from Manila, Philippines

We waited for 4 months through GCkey and took a little over 2 weeks via IRCC portal.
Congratulations!
Did you withdraw the 1st application and reapply a new one using ircc portal?coz my sister applied from June using gckey but still no movement,
Thanks in advance for reply

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Congratulations!

jigsaw10

Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations!
Did you withdraw the 1st application and reapply a new one using ircc portal?coz my sister applied from June using gckey but still no movement,
Thanks in advance for reply
Thanks!
No we did not withdraw the first application. We just went ahead and did the IRCC portal using the UCI number from the first application. I suggest to just reapply. Online it said only change if status has changed. Our status didnt change but went ahead with the reapplication.

Chinmai89

Feb 28, 2021
Is there anyone who applied on IRCC portal and waiting since October 2021?
Hi Gary!

I applied for my spouse's visitor visa (who is currently in India) on October 25th, biometrics previously completed and automatically updated on new portal on Oct 27th.

No update after that

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Cannot agree more. I was under the impression that Ottawa office processes all the IRCC applications but I spoke to customer care and they mentioned my application is being processed in New Delhi. No clear pattern.
sadly this whole visa has become random thing.

When you call them, they say file is in New Delhi if the applicant is in India. But that is not the case as most of the decisions are being rolled out from Ottawa. God knows what is happening.

gmgauravmehta

Feb 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys, any help will be appreciated.
Parents visa timelines
1st application through GC key - June 14, 2021
Biometrics done - July 23, 2021
2nd application through the new portal: October 19, 2021
Valid visas - Schengen, US
Applied gcms - got to know visa office Bangalore, India
No response on web forms, generic emails from Delhi immigration ofc without a status update
Have been patiently waiting throughout the process, all timelines have been exceeded.
Any suggestions, what can be done - other than waiting?

Reactions: Gary Singh Rai

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Gary!

I applied for my spouse's visitor visa (who is currently in India) on October 25th, biometrics previously completed and automatically updated on new portal on Oct 27th.

No update after that
This application resubmission fiasco raised some hopes after September 7 update but unfortunately it didn't speed up anything for applicants like us.
I am waiting since Feb 2021.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Parents visa timelines
No response on web forms, generic emails from Delhi immigration ofc without a status update
Have been patiently waiting throughout the process, all timelines have been exceeded.
Quite a few people in the same boat. I don't think we have any discourse available other than waiting.

priyankaskvyas

Sep 3, 2018
Hi all, I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents, who are in India.
Can someone please help me understand if I need to submit the application on the new IRCC portal or go via GC Key?
Also is there anyone who has submitted the visitor visa application in India recently & got it approved? If yes, kindly share the timelines.

Appreciate your help!!

priyankaskvyas

Sep 3, 2018
Hello Awesome people,
This is my first post, just want to give my updates here. Applied TRV from India for my parents and received PPR on December 4. I am a PR, living in Vancouver

1st Application: (GC)
Applied on August 19th
Biometrics Sept 14th
Withdrawn Dec 4th

2nd Application: (Portal)
Applied Oct 4th
BVL, PPR Dec 4th

Currently, they are in USA at my brothers place, and New Delhi office confirmed to submit passport in any location and NY office asked to send passport to them for stamping.

Please hang on guys, hope everyone gets visa soon. Thanks :)
Hi there,

My parents are travelling to the US to visit my brother. And want to then visit me in Canada but do not have Canada Visitor Visa yet.

I will be applying for their visa now but just based on your responses, I want to confirm one thing- your parents applied for Canada TRV from India & also gave the biometrics in India. Only the Canada TRV stamping was done in the US.
Can you please confirm if this is the way it happened? Your response will be very helpful for us to plan the travel for our parents.

Thank you!

gmgauravmehta

Feb 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all, I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents, who are in India.
Can someone please help me understand if I need to submit the application on the new IRCC portal or go via GC Key?
Also is there anyone who has submitted the visitor visa application in India recently & got it approved? If yes, kindly share the timelines.

Appreciate your help!!
Apply using new portal for sure. there's a timeline attached to it and thats what is IRCC's recommendation too!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Parents visa timelines
Sadly there seems to be some problems with some files in Oct and Nov. People are waiting it out .. Webforms and mails have lately been a joke. You may want to call IRCC and check but not sure if that will yield anything either

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Sadly there seems to be some problems with some files in Oct and Nov. People are waiting it out .. Webforms and mails have lately been a joke. You may want to call IRCC and check but not sure if that will yield anything either
Did anyone who applied in December got PPR?