adlu

Jun 18, 2021
Got PPR for my mum.
1st application - August 25th
Biometrics received - August 26th

Second application (portal) - Nov 19th
BVL & PPR - Dec 8th
Location - Nigeria.

GCKey account still says in progress for everything and has not been withdrawn. Portal says in progress too, but final decision says approved.

Does anyone in Nigeria know if passport can be submitted without going to the VFS office in Lagos/Abuja?

Reactions: mpreetsingh

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys, I was just wondering, is there a way to check the “counterfoil” information for an application that was submitted on the new IRCC portal? The latest update was today and it says “Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details”.

I can’t find any section that lists the visa stamp/counterfoil information, unlike the GCKey which provides the information in the account.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Got PPR for my mum.
1st application - August 25th
Biometrics received - August 26th

Second application (portal) - Nov 19th
BVL & PPR - Dec 8th
Location - Nigeria.

GCKey account still says in progress for everything and has not been withdrawn. Portal says in progress too, but final decision says approved.

Does anyone in Nigeria know if passport can be submitted without going to the VFS office in Lagos/Abuja?
Congratulations to you and your mum. Unfortunately, the VFS in Lagos and Abuja still do not allow in-person passport submission. My sister mailed her passport to the Lagos location, but I heard you get your passport faster if you send it to Abuja.

adlu

Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations to you and your mum. Unfortunately, the VFS in Lagos and Abuja still do not allow in-person passport submission. My sister mailed her passport to the Lagos location, but I heard you get your passport faster if you send it to Abuja.
Thanks! Even better, because she's not in Lagos/Abuja. How did your sister mail her passport to them? The website only has information on one-way courier.
How long did it take your sister to get her passport back?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Thanks! Even better, because she's not in Lagos/Abuja. How did your sister mail her passport to them? The website only has information on one-way courier.
How long did it take your sister to get her passport back?
Go to the closest DHL around you and pay for their two-way service. If she did her biometrics in Lagos and she’s mailing her passport to the VFS in Lagos, then she doesn’t need to pay any additional fees. But if where she’s mailing her passport is different from where she originally did the biometrics, then she has to pay transmission fees.

My sister submitted her passport on Nov. 27th, the status as of today is that it’s ready for collection. So DHL will pick it up and deliver it to her within the next couple days.

adlu

Jun 18, 2021
Great! Thanks for the info. We'll do it in Lagos to avoid other fees.
Would she need to sign any waiver or fill a passport submission webform?
Confirming she only needs to send her International passport, and the PPR letter?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Great! Thanks for the info. We'll do it in Lagos to avoid other fees.
Would she need to sign any waiver or fill a passport submission webform?
Confirming she only needs to send her International passport, and the PPR letter?
Send the following documents;

* International Passport
* Passport request letter
* Biometric confirmation slip (the document she was given after completing Biometrics)
* VFS Consent Form (only fill and sign the second page) https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2G0GtF7WPLvzToKOfompkv/c03d754f3eaf210cf115e35a9bfd096b/VFS-ConsentForm.pdf

Put everything in a brown envelope. Write her full name and address (as they show on the passport request letter), her phone # & email address boldly on the envelope.

adlu

Jun 18, 2021

* International Passport
* Biometric confirmation slip (the document she was given after completing Biometrics)
* VFS Consent Form (only fill and sign the second page) https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2G0GtF7WPLvzToKOfompkv/c03d754f3eaf210cf115e35a9bfd096b/VFS-ConsentForm.pdf

Put everything in a brown envelope. Write her full name and address (as they show on the passport request letter), her phone # & email address boldly on the envelope.
You are the best! Thanks

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

adlu

Jun 18, 2021

* International Passport

Could you confirm how much it was to do the 2-way service? And the address is exactly the one on their website?
Thanks

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Could you confirm how much it was to do the 2-way service? And the address is exactly the one on their website?
Thanks
It was around 15,000 naira in total.
Here is the address;

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos,
Nigeria

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello All,
I was hoping to get some details on the required documents for a Biometrics appointment at VFS in Bangalore, India. I see on the website they need copies of the application form, passport bio page and also consent form. Can someone advise on this? Also, what is the vfs consent form? Thanks in advance.

walexo2021

Sep 26, 2021
I got PPR today on my application.
Here is my journey (applied from Nigeria)
1st Application: January 2021 on GC key
Biometric info updated and no subsequent update
2nd Application: 23rd September on GC key
biometric updated and no subsequent update
3rd application IRCC portal: 29th November 2021
Client summary notification: 30th November 2021
Biometric letter: 9th November 2021
PPR: 9th November 2021
Wishing you all the best

Reactions: Kumar25

walexo2021

Sep 26, 2021
I got PPR today on my application.
Here is my journey (applied from Nigeria)
1st Application: January 2021 on GC key
Biometric info updated and no subsequent update
2nd Application: 23rd September on GC key
biometric updated and no subsequent update
3rd application IRCC portal: 29th November 2021
Client summary notification: 30th November 2021
Biometric letter: 9th November 2021
PPR: 9th November 2021
Wishing you all the best
By the way, my passport expires next year, if I can get a new passport, can I send the new passport instead of the soon to expire one to ensure my visa has long validity? I will appreciate advise on this pls

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
We got our PPR request today for MIL's application.
Question - which office in India to send the Passport for visa stamp

Here are our timelines...we were sitting on the fence for a long time on whether we should reapply....based on our experience, go for it.

First Application (GC Key)
Applied: Jun 2021
Biometric completed: Aug 2, 2021

Second application (IRCC)
Applied Dec 5, 2021
Passport request: Dec 10, 2021