+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Intake in college

Maybe IRCC is busy with student visa
Ohh yes, that might be a reason.
I doubt that this would be the case. People here have been waiting since June, July and even before that for TRV decisions. I personally applied on GC KEY on Sept. 3 2021, and I still didnt receive a decision. There must be separate processing channels for Student Visa and TRV applications. IRCC works in a way that no one can understand. Some people here applied in November and received PPR within a few days and some applied in Oct and got it in a month or so. So Jan student intake is not likely to make an impact on processing of TRV applications. You just need a whole lot of luck apart from the processing fee for IRCC to process your application and give you a decision.

P.S. My GC Key Application changed to eligibilty review on 19th Oct 2021 and no update after that while my second application on IRCC Portal on 10th Novemebr 2021 has no updates at all.

Processing timelines are also not accurate at all for IRCC.

gomez999

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
I doubt that this would be the case. People here have been waiting since June, July and even before that for TRV decisions. I personally applied on GC KEY on Sept. 3 2021, and I still didnt receive a decision. There must be separate processing channels for Student Visa and TRV applications. IRCC works in a way that no one can understand. Some people here applied in November and received PPR within a few days and some applied in Oct and got it in a month or so. So Jan student intake is not likely to make an impact on processing of TRV applications. You just need a whole lot of luck apart from the processing fee for IRCC to process your application and give you a decision.

P.S. My GC Key Application changed to eligibilty review on 19th Oct 2021 and no update after that while my second application on IRCC Portal on 10th Novemebr 2021 has no updates at all.

Processing timelines are also not accurate at all for IRCC.
from where did u apply?

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021
Looking for advice from folks who had to reapply after sept 7:
Me and my dependent wife had together applied for TRV(less than 6months) in July 2021 on gckey and completed biometrics in Sept 2021.
I am trying to resubmit our application together on new portal.

Where did you enter the UCI number(from previous gc key application) for dependent on the new portal?

New portal just asks for previous UCI information only once(on first page) and I mentioned primary applicant UCI there.

How can we ensure both our applications(including biometrics) are linked to new portal from old gckey?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Looking for advice from folks who had to reapply after sept 7:
Me and my dependent wife had together applied for TRV(less than 6months) in July 2021 on gckey and completed biometrics in Sept 2021.
I am trying to resubmit our application together on new portal.
Where did you enter the UCI number(from previous gc key application) for dependent on the new portal?
Each application has a screen where this question is asked. Enter the UCI number there

New portal just asks for previous UCI information only once(on first page) and I mentioned primary applicant UCI there.

How can we ensure both our applications(including biometrics) are linked to new portal from old gckey?

You have to submit the application and wait. It will link automatically in 24-48 hrs

All the best

aswa2630

Dec 6, 2018
Hello Awesome people,
This is my first post, just want to give my updates here. Applied TRV from India for my parents and received PPR on December 4. I am a PR, living in Vancouver

1st Application: (GC)
Applied on August 19th
Biometrics Sept 14th
Withdrawn Dec 4th

2nd Application: (Portal)
Applied Oct 4th
BVL, PPR Dec 4th

Currently, they are in USA at my brothers place, and New Delhi office confirmed to submit passport in any location and NY office asked to send passport to them for stamping.

Please hang on guys, hope everyone gets visa soon. Thanks :)

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hello Awesome people,
This is my first post, just want to give my updates here. Applied TRV from India for my parents and received PPR on December 4. I am a PR, living in Vancouver

Applied on August 19th
Biometrics Sept 14th
Withdrawn Dec 4th

Applied Oct 4th
BVL, PPR Dec 4th

Currently, they are in USA at my brothers place, and New Delhi office confirmed to submit passport in any location and NY office asked to send passport to them for stamping.

Congratulations!! Can you please check which visa office issued the visa? I heard that Ottawa office is processing all the portal applications.

sribrosrs

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Congratulations!! Can you please check which visa office issued the visa? I heard that Ottawa office is processing all the portal applications.
Mine was GCKey application. It was also processed in Ottawa. Maybe because there is an influx of applications, Ottawa is giving a hand?

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hello Awesome people,

Applied on August 19th
Biometrics Sept 14th
Withdrawn Dec 4th

Applied Oct 4th
BVL, PPR Dec 4th

Congrats! Did you request a withdrawl of your first application? Or did it withdraw itself on Dec 4th when you received the PPR on the portal application?>

ehloimolino21

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Got PPR for my mom and aunt today (thru Gckey)
Submitted Application: Oct 29
Biometrics:Nov 5
PPR: Dec 8

Applied from Philippines

Best of Luck to everyoneGodbless

Reactions: mpreetsingh