+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you! I had applied via gcKey on August 18th Bio on 21st Sep. No update since then. Should I reapply using the new IRCC portal or should it be gcKey? What's the consensus here? Or it doesn't matter either of them. Thank you again.
There is no clear pattern. When I applied back in September, applicants on GC key were getting PPRs while IRCC portal ones were not getting any updates.
Lately, portal seems more active. I have been waiting since September 18th on GC Key, no update since then. I would suggest, apply on Portal seeing the latest trends.

Robotisict

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Hi,

I just received an email with below subject and message. This is the first communication that we received from IRCC in 4 months.
Did anyone else receive any such email? Is there any significance to this email?

I logged into GC Key, but I dont see any updates there.

Email:
Subject - "We're still working on your application (#appl number)"

Message - "You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: .
Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application."
What's the pattern for the receivers of this email? Shouldn't have everyone received them? We have received nothing after 6 months (resp. 2 months) from our first (resp. second) application.

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Thank you! I had applied via gcKey on August 18th Bio on 21st Sep. No update since then. Should I reapply using the new IRCC portal or should it be gcKey? What's the consensus here? Or it doesn't matter either of them. Thank you again.
I would suggest to go with portal, as that’s the response I got for a web form. 1st web form Sep 30 req status and priority process- standard ack response saying only crisis situations are being processed.

I submitted a crisis form requesting travel exemption on Oct 11 suggested by someone in this forum, I got a response on Oct 18 saying that the visa is still under process and they can’t issue a travel exemption and suggested to use IRCC portal to re-apply if planning to travel now,‘else wait on the old app.
I re-applied on Oct 21st.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
What's the pattern for the receivers of this email? Shouldn't have everyone received them? We have received nothing after 6 months (resp. 2 months) from our first (resp. second) application.
I wouldn't read too much into these emails. They seem like standard response without any updates in actual application.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
I would suggest to go with portal, as that’s the response I got for a web form. 1st web form Sep 30 req status and priority process- standard ack response saying only crisis situations are being processed.

I submitted a crisis form requesting travel exemption on Oct 11 suggested by someone in this forum, I got a response on Oct 18 saying that the visa is still under process and they can’t issue a travel exemption and suggested to use IRCC portal to re-apply if planning to travel now,‘else wait on the old app.
I re-applied on Oct 21st.
Did you change the dates and other details or applied using old documents only?

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Not sure what the pattern is. I don’t think they sent to everyone.
May be they are sending in batches..

1st app July 6 - GC Key
2nd app Oct 21 - Portal.

no emails, no updates yesterday/today.

got responses in Oct to all the webforms submitted earlier, and Bio linked with new app last week, no updates after that.

Robotisict

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
I wouldn't read too much into these emails. They seem like standard response without any updates in actual application.
Yes, but despite sending a couple of webforms and emails to our VO, we never received even such a standard response even once. The stochasticity of these IRCC guys is unbelievable.

Priyankatk

Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
Finally my parents(India) received their PPR yesterday. Due to site was under maintenance, we were unable to login yesterday, so now when I logged in to the portal I saw PPR message .
Timeline:
First application- June 11, 2021
Biometric - July 14, 2021
Second application - September 19th ( IRCC portal)
PPR - Nov 1, 2021
All the best to everyone...hope you all will be getting urs soon .....

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
I didnt get that either :)
I got this update for the old application that they don’t need to be working on.
Am on day 30 today and haven’t heard anything from them.
Have called them, done the web forms, everything but they don’t respond to anything