+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Applied on 29 Dec 2020
2nd application on 3 oct 2020.

No update on both. Biometric updated on first application. Background check is in progress on both. Raised a travel exemption form on 12 Oct. Received acknowledgement. It looks like it's all luck.

Soni401

Nov 1, 2021
Hi All, I applied for my mother tourist visa back in October 2020 and got biometric letter too
But due to VFS centers closing in India, she has been able to give biometrics 2 months ago.
This is the last update in the system only and no update for last 2 months.
Will it make sense to make an new application of visitor visa are ppl getting responses on their recent applications ?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
I just called IRCC and that was no help and wrote following letter to PM and IRCC minister

The following paragraph is to provide you more context on our situation and the reason we are reaching out to you directly.

We are expecting our first baby in the next 7 weeks and this is our first baby. So we applied for a TRV for my in-laws in June this year. We anticipated the delay in processing TRV and applied as early as possible. It has been more than 4 months since we submitted the application and we have not received any further update regarding it.

The reasons why we are reaching you at this moment are,
1. IRCC created new portal and asked to apply again on Sep 07 and we applied again
2. IRCC started approving TRVs to applicants who applied quite recently but ignoring applications like ours who need critical care when required.
3. There is a lot of confusion on where to apply so we made 3 applications in the timeline and different portal
4. Raised webforms and followed every step that was mentioned and yet we are not seeing any improvements on our applications
5. We invested more time, energy and money than regular applicants.

At this point of time, we are struggling to make informed decisions regarding the travel plans for in-laws, the cost associated to purchase flights due to such a short time span, the complications to pregnancy and support we need in case of no TRV approval.

Application Details are below:
Hello,
I've been following your msgs. They are really helpful. Thanks for all the info. I have applied TRV for my spouse. 1st app on April 11 through GC key and 2nd app on the new portal on Oct 11. I too have booked flight tickets much in advance and I'm worried the visa will not come on time. We got married in India in August. Will keep this post updated surely.

Congratulations on finally getting some kind of confirmation! I think the site is down you said. God bless and congrats on the new addition to your family as well :)