+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Priyankatk

Jan 28, 2019
Received PPR for my mother's application. Yay!

1st Application Submitted: 24 March 2021 (Shows biometrics date)
Biometrics Completed: 22 July 2021
2nd Application Submitted: 18 September 2021 (Shows biometrics date)
Applied from: India
Invited by: Me (PR holder)
Purpose: Re-unite with family.
BVL: 29 September 2021
Eligibility Review Started: 29 September 2021
PPR Received: 29 September 2021

Re-applying turned out to be a good decision. Encourage everyone to re-apply if they can't wait.

All the best everyone who is still waiting. Hope everyone gets to meet their family/friends soon.
Congrats !

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021

Re-applying turned out to be a good decision. Encourage everyone to re-apply if they can't wait.

All the best everyone who is still waiting. Hope everyone gets to meet their family/friends soon.
Congrats … can you please tell me how you applied 2nd application via gckey or IRCC portal ?
Thank You!

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018

Congrats @ucantseeme !

for the purpose: Re-unite with family, where do you mention that? Is it in the form imm5257e where you select purpose of visit as Other and mention this? Or do you select Family visit as the reason and mention the purpose in the letter you submit?

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021

i also re-applied for my mom's visa last Sept. 20. I'm a open work permit visa holder but my husband is a citizen so my sponsorship for residency is in progress.
i re-applied my mom's application via GCKEY and her purpose in imm557e was to visit family/friends. And on her invitation letter, I indicated that I'm pregnant and my husband (citizen) and me are inviting her this November to see our son.

do you think this is a valid reason?
Thanks.

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timeline,

Applied for a visitor visa to reunite with my mother.
First application - May 29, 2021
Applied again on September 12, 2021
Passport request September 29, 2021.

Hope this helps for the ones who are still waiting.

We applied online, my mother is from Dominican Republic
Hello Juan Polanco
What visa office did you use?
My mom re applied with new portal (visa office Mexico) on sept 25 and no news since....only biometrics got attached (same day).
Did you get updated between submission and PPR? Thanks

juanpolancodr

Jan 19, 2019
Hello Juan Polanco
What visa office did you use?
My mom re applied with new portal (visa office Mexico) on sept 25 and no news since....only biometrics got attached (same day).
Did you get updated between submission and PPR? Thanks
mexico! I think you have to wait from 15 to 20 or if you are lucky you can get it faster. Good luck and all the best for your family

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
1st Application: 24 March 2021 (Shows biometrics date)
2nd Application: 18 September 2021 (Shows biometrics date)

Today I got a Correspondence letter on 1st application with subject "RE: validity of your biometric information". It is a two page letters that basically says:

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

Anyone know what does this means? Is it a good sign or bad sign? I have no clue.
I also applied on 18 from India. I didn’t get any update . If approved please post here. Thanks

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Congrats @ucantseeme !

for the purpose: Re-unite with family, where do you mention that? Is it in the form imm5257e where you select purpose of visit as Other and mention this? Or do you select Family visit as the reason and mention the purpose in the letter you submit?
I filed it through an agent. I can see Purpose of Travel > Other selected. Mentioned purpose on "Purpose of travel" doc attached on the applicaiton.

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
i also re-applied for my mom's visa last Sept. 20. I'm a open work permit visa holder but my husband is a citizen so my sponsorship for residency is in progress.
i re-applied my mom's application via GCKEY and her purpose in imm557e was to visit family/friends. And on her invitation letter, I indicated that I'm pregnant and my husband (citizen) and me are inviting her this November to see our son.

do you think this is a valid reason?
Thanks.
Yes - I think it is good enough reason. Don't worry, you should get approval soon.

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Second application on September 11th. Still waiting for PPR. Petition transferred from Ottawa to Delhi last week.

Just needed TRV to travel back, having valid Work Permit until next year.

Anyone in similar situation?