+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
You’ll hear from us within 14 to 30 business days”

Just a random thought: IRCC guys could have simply written “you’ll hear from us within 30 days”. So thinking why did they mention “14 to 30”, I am beginning to guess portal might take a minimum of 14 and maximum of 30 business days. Again, my random guess and this might not be correct. Only the person who wrote it and the person who approved it might know. :)
My exact thought. Let's see what happens after 14 business days. BTW, I think those who had applied before September 7 are being prioritized because I haven't seen any fresh applications being approved

taneja

May 12, 2021
First application- March 2020
Second application- Sept.17, 2021
Trv for husband
No update yet.
Both gckey acct
In the GC Key did you saw the option of selecting reunite with immediate family ? How would they know from the form that this is an reunite case.

Also, did they cancelled your first application ?

taneja

May 12, 2021
I reapplied today via gckey ..

old application -July 14, 2021
New application - sep 28, 2021
In the GC Key did you saw the option of selecting reunite with immediate family ? How would they know from the form that this is an reunite case.

Shani143

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hy I applied visit visa with family in June 2019 and after they rply me sponsor tax paper and after I didn't get any response from Canada embassy so what should I do can I resubmit my file again ??? Kindly suggestion me thanks

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021

No it’s not there in gckey .. it’s only available in IRCC portal ..
I wrote that they are reuniting with immediate family member in invitation letter and letter of explanation ..
I chose gckey because I see most of them got approval Using gckey ..

taneja

May 12, 2021
No it’s not there in gckey .. it’s only available in IRCC portal ..
I wrote that they are reuniting with immediate family member in invitation letter and letter of explanation ..
I chose gckey because I see most of them got approval Using gckey ..
What happened to your first application sir if I may ask you, do you still see it as active or does that cancelled because you applied a new one

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
What happened to your first application sir if I may ask you, do you still see it as active or does that cancelled because you applied a new one
I can see the new application as well as old application .. it’s not cancelled … I had this type of experience 3 years before for my work permit .. I submitted two applications .. IRCC kept two applications active and then they approved old application and automatically withdrawn the other application ..

Priyankatk

Jan 28, 2019
Hi all even I'm waiting for the update.....
First application - 11th June 2021
Biometric- 14th July 2021
Second application- 19th July 2021( thru portal)
Applied for my parents who live in india.

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Congrats!!

I applied in the following order:

First application via gc key in Dec 2020
Biometrics done on 29 july 2021
2nd application via New portal 13th Sept 2021

Waiting for eligibility check and PPR. Till now no update

*Reason to file a visa: got married in May 2021 and want to visit my wife since we cant file spousal sponsorship due to 5 yr ban rule in place for 2nd marriage. I attached the old application details, a 20k CAD Bank statement, my marriage certificate & my spouse's PR card.

I dont know what's their criteria to pick up applications. I was under the impression that its day/date wise but I see people from 11th got it and now I see yours from 15th Sep. but somehow mine got lost or missed??? Someone please tell me if they know the process how they are picking applications.

Please let me know if I missed to attach anything? I am anxiously waiting for PPR since my wife's bday is near (in oct) and I mentioned in the new application that I am planning to travel on 1st oct.
Hello dear
I know it's really hard when we come across to these kind of situations. But my case is little different. I'm 8 months pregnant living alone in Canada. We applied visitor visa with doctor's note for care. And on other side, my husband's PR file is in process which is almost 80% completed. I think that's the reason of positive outcome.
But never know , maybe you will get it soon too. Stay positive.

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
Still waiting…
My timeline:( I am on PGWP , PR for me and wife under process cec), I am inside Canada.
Applied for wife’s visitor Visa, she is an international student in UK( pakistani pssport and have valid usa visa)
First application : 18 feb 2021
Biometrics: 2 march 2021
Second application : 13 sep 2021 via new portal.
Passport request : waiting….

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Hello dear
I know it's really hard when we come across to these kind of situations. But my case is little different. I'm 8 months pregnant living alone in Canada. We applied visitor visa with doctor's note for care. And on other side, my husband's PR file is in process which is almost 80% completed. I think that's the reason of positive outcome.
But never know , maybe you will get it soon too. Stay positive.
So if I dont have a condition like pregnancy my chances are weak??? in our case we are not able to submit spousal PR due to 5 yr ban clause so I am left with no choice but to file a TRV to atleast spend some time with my wife.. I just hope that I get it..

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
So if I dont have a condition like pregnancy my chances are weak??? in our case we are not able to submit spousal PR due to 5 yr ban clause so I am left with no choice but to file a TRV to atleast spend some time with my wife.. I just hope that I get it..
Unless im mistaken if you have been given a 5 year ban that means you cannot enter canada. Visitor visa or not you wont be able to get in... Overturning the ban is the only option but would be impossible if valid and would cost a bunch of money.