+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
We are in the same dilemma. The old forms did mention if we are applying from another country than the country of residence. As per US laws the country of residence doesn't change unless we stay in the US till 180 days so considering that they are still Indian residents hence the country of residence should be India and so their residential address shouldn't change. Now the only option on the portal is mailing address but there is nothing else I see which would highlight their presence in the US. Also, with the old GCKey we had to provide a letter of explanation why they are not applying from India, how to fill that requirement or whether we have to?

Any updates on your end?
No updates so far on the old app. I submitted priority processing using web form to NY and LA.. and NY request has been forwarded to Delhi office. so may be it’s processing in India . Not sure.. it’s confusing.. I just got a standard response from Delhi office acknowledging the enquiry..

I mentioned detailed explanation of why there are in US. Also gave I-94 as proof. They now submitted for US stay extension since they are still waiting for the Canada visa..

May be I will wait till they complete 180 days stay and then re-submit with US address..

S15

Sep 11, 2021
Hey guys ... thank you everyone for staying connected and informed
1st application 30th April
2nd application 23rd September (first update within about 10 hours)
Next update 27th September evening about eligibility review.
PPR 28th September morning.
Only used GC Key to apply.
Congratulations!!
from which country did you apply ?

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
Yes, Super Visa is always for immediate family members. I had also applied for my mother's Super Visa in June this year and had got the Biometrics done in August but had not heard after that.

After the new IRCC recommendation, I have re-submitted a new Super Visa application using the same GCKey portal yesterday. Hoping for a quick processing of the application now.
Have you heard anything after re-applying for super-visa?

taneja

May 12, 2021
Congratulations,
I've question when you submitted second application did your first application got null and void immediate
Or after their approve your second application they cancelled your first application.

Bluerose94

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I thought the IRCC Portal was for essential visits only; but one studying it, I saw that Tourist Purpose was also included in its list; meaning every Visitor Visa applicant can use IRCC Portal.

However, I also discovered that, for now (since it's not up to 15-30 days), GCKey "re-applicants" have their files processed faster than IRCC Portal applicants. I say so because, all my colleagues who used IRCC Portal are still in silence; but I used GCKey to re-submit on 20th September, and got ELIGIBILITY & BACKGROUND CHECK reviews the next day. For my former application (March 1st, I had no update, except BACKGROUND CHECK).
Hello, so I’m in canada on pgwp and I applied for trv since march 21, and eligibility not reviewed yet. I need to travel out of canada soon, do you suggest re-applying… as I dont fall under the reunification clause for the people re-applying. Thanks

taneja

May 12, 2021
Congratulations, our application was updated yesterday to show 'Eligibility review started'. Hoping to see further updates soon.
Hi,

What happened to your first application, is it cancelled immediately or it's still there and work in progress is for the new application.

San050403

Jun 8, 2021
First applied through GC Key:
Application Date: July 8, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 10, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 20, 2021 (at Chennai)
Second applied through Portal: Sep 14, 2021

Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Your relation: Spouse - immediate family

Current status in both Cic and Portal account: Biometrics completed on July 20, 2021.
I know my first gc key application was with Delhi office.

waiting, waiting, waiting.. for further updates anxiously!

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Country of processing ?

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021

Current status in both Cic and Portal account: Biometrics completed on July 20, 2021.

I am sailing the same boat. My second application on new portal was on 13th Sep.. Me too waiting and waiting.. Iam also a spouse of Canadian PR.

Hope we get to hear something soon.

Reactions: San050403

Jashley

Sep 28, 2021
First application- March 2020
Second application- Sept.17, 2021
Trv for husband
No update yet.
Both gckey acct

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021

Hi am from Chennai too. I submitted my second application on 18 th sep. if you get any update pls post here

Reactions: San050403

newuser_trv

Sep 26, 2021
Which category to select on the IRCC portal?
Re-unite or visit? Does re-unite require you to have been in Canada in the past and have met the person? What is the stress on the word unite?
A sister can reunite with brother and they may prove it by IMM0006e but what about sister's husband? If we select visit family/friends are they even processing those applications?

This list doesn't show Visit Family/Friends https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html but IRCC portal does (in fact does show tourism as well)

Please help