+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi all. I applied for my mother in-law on September 16th through GC Key I had no idea about the portal.
No update until now, still background check. Eligibility not started. We need her help as my wife will be giving birth in less than two weeks.
I was very annoyed when I heard about the new portal today.

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hello folks

I live in New Jersey / USA. And i applied online for a Canada visitor visa on July 2th 2021. I also completed my biometrics on July 23th 2021.

But on September 7, 2021, a new update was released on the official website. The link is here;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Folks, do I have to reapply for a visitor visa again according to the new rules you have published? Also, my current visa application has passed the normal processing time. I haven't received any new news or updates yet. I would be very happy if you can help me with this.
HI, Did you get any response, My Boy friend applied from USA as well. On june 14th, he has not got any response too. Did you apply through new portal as well?

AWD

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi, I did apply using GCKey after Sep 7 and got PPR, so you don't have to worry. Infact majority of people who are getting PPR from Sep 7 until now (based on the data in this forum) are through GCKey
Thank you, will wait.

AWD

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
I am wondering how people are getting appointment for biometric so quickly. I got the earliest appointment for November 12th. Is there a trick to it or am I doing something incorrect?

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
Hi all. I applied for my mother in-law on September 16th through GC Key I had no idea about the portal.
No update until now, still background check. Eligibility not started. We need her help as my wife will be giving birth in less than two weeks.
I was very annoyed when I heard about the new portal today.
Nothing wrong in applying thru GC key, if you look at the data here, the majority of people who are getting PPR post Sep 7 has applied thru GCKey. You can try raising a webform, perhaps with a letter from doctor to support your case. Did you select "Re-unification with an immediate family member"?

Edit - Sorry, I confused the question with that of IRCC portal, GCkey, just asks "Visiting Family"

Last edited:
Reactions: eatontobias5

U_234

Jun 6, 2021
Hi there,

Looks like lot of people who resubmitted is getting quick response

I have been in dilemma to resubmit my applications. I applied on April 25 there is no progress, eligibility has not even started yet. I wrote and submitted webform for enquiry to Delhi office, just got a generic response.

Do you all think I should resubmit my applications?

w3ndiii

Feb 14, 2021
Does this new policy also apply to persons inland on work permit who applied for a visitor visa? Will we need to resubmit as well?

swa123

May 20, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for my parents visa on 22Sep2021, checked today and received PPR on my dad’s account but not my mom’s. My dad is the principal applicant so is this okay? There were biometrics correspondence letter on both of the applications. Can someone please give me some guidance on this??

VO: Abu Dhabi
Application via Portal
Dad has US Visa

sandhusaab13

Jul 27, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for my parents visa on 22Sep2021, checked today and received PPR on my dad’s account but not my mom’s. My dad is the principal applicant so is this okay? There were biometrics correspondence letter on both of the applications. Can someone please give me some guidance on this??

VO: Abu Dhabi
Application via Portal
Dad has US Visa
Which country you from