+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Hi ALL, I am trying to re-apply visitor visa for my sister through the new portal. There is a question "Are you requesting written authorization along with your visitor visa?" it says

To unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada, you must also request written authorization from IRCC if you:
  • Do not qualify for the fully vaccinated exemption
My sister is fully vaccinated (AZ vaccine), I chose NO, just want to make sure it is the right answer. Thanks!
Hi, does anybody know the answer? Thanks!

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Yesterday, I mistakenly applied visitor visa through GC Key instead of IRCC portal. Do I need to re-submit via IRCC portal now? It is very clearly mentioned that we should apply via IRCC portal - however, I checked all these instructions after making an application through gckey. What do I do now?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hi, does anybody know the answer? Thanks!
If your purpose of visit is Reuniting with extended family member and you're not vaccinated fully then you need to answer yes to that question.

If you are reuniting with extended family member and you are vaccinated with one of the accepted vaccines, You don't need authorization.

Reactions: NaCanada2016

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Yesterday, I mistakenly applied visitor visa through GC Key instead of IRCC portal. Do I need to re-submit via IRCC portal now? It is very clearly mentioned that we should apply via IRCC portal - however, I checked all these instructions after making an application through gckey. What do I do now?
Nothing to worry about, IRCC says it doesn't matter if you apply through portal or gckey. Infact GCKEY have faster response in the last few days.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello Everyone.
Just am giving my parents visitor visa updates:
First Application 22nd July 2021.
Biometric Done in September 3rd 2021.
2nd application Submitted on September 9th 2021 with same GC account
Passport request 17th September.

Good luck for everyone
When you applied again on Sep 9, why did you prefer GC Key (IRCC Secure Account) over new IRCC Portal? I guess the whole purpose of new application was to apply on new portal? It's anyway great that you got the PPR.

Secondly, did you receive the refund from the first application?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi All,

need one help. I have applied for visitor visa through the new portal and received biometric instruction letter.

However , I am unable to book an appointment as I am facing difficulties in registering with vfsglobal.

it is expecting me to click on activation link sent to my email however I have not received any activation email.

I tried calling on phone helpline as well. But ,no luck.

is there any alternate way?
May I know the date you applied?

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi All,

need one help. I have applied for visitor visa through the new portal and received biometric instruction letter.

However , I am unable to book an appointment as I am facing difficulties in registering with vfsglobal.

it is expecting me to click on activation link sent to my email however I have not received any activation email.

I tried calling on phone helpline as well. But ,no luck.

is there any alternate way?
Can you check your spam? It's most likely there.

Isiatu

Jun 23, 2021
Got PPR requst today on ircc portal.

thanks friends your comments and updates helped me alot.

my timeline was

old application 13 march
New application 9th sep
ppr today
Congratulations. Please what was your purpose of visit and what visa office?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Got PPR requst today on ircc portal.

thanks friends your comments and updates helped me alot.

my timeline was

old application 13 march
New application 9th sep
ppr today
Congratulations! Did you apply on GC Key (IRCC Secure Account) or on the new IRCC portal which they are recommending these days since Sep 7?

Reactions: eatontobias5

Tarora

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Congratulations! Did you apply on GC Key (IRCC Secure Account) or on the new IRCC portal which they are recommending these days since Sep 7?
I applied from ircc new portal and my purpose of visit was to meet my wife who is on study permit. I already had a usa visa so did not submit any financial docs.