+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Hi.

For visiting visa If our new application is approved can we with draw our old application?

Have any one did that?

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
Hi,

I am an open work permit holder (considered as temporary resident) and I filed a spousal sponsorship (inland) last year November as my husband is a Canadian citizen. I will be due on end of November and my mom applied for a visitor visa last Aug 11. She had her biometrics done the next day after the submission and no updates after that. Her purpose for travel was to visit family and friends (which is me and my husband) and in the invitation letter, we provided that she'll be taking care of me postpartum and helping us with the arrival of our baby. I'm thinking of re-submitting. However, my mom is vaccinated with 2 doses of sinovac but is willing to quarantine for 14 days. Should we resubmit? and if we did, will her vaccine have a bad effect on her application?

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Yes I did but no update yet
Thanks,
1- I wonder if there were any changes/update in you application that you re-submitted the new application. Did you submitted the same documents as your first submission?
2- Was your purpose of visit: Other > COVID19 in the main form for the new submit?

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
I did also but no update yet
Visa office Uk
Thanks,
1- I wonder if there were any changes/update in you application that you re-submitted the new application. Did you submitted the same documents as your first submission?
2- Was your purpose of visit: Other > COVID19 in the main form for the new submit?
3- Did you re-applied through IRCC portal or GCKey?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am an open work permit holder (considered as temporary resident) and I filed a spousal sponsorship (inland) last year November as my husband is a Canadian citizen. I will be due on end of November and my mom applied for a visitor visa last Aug 11. She had her biometrics done the next day after the submission and no updates after that. Her purpose for travel was to visit family and friends (which is me and my husband) and in the invitation letter, we provided that she'll be taking care of me postpartum and helping us with the arrival of our baby. I'm thinking of re-submitting. However, my mom is vaccinated with 2 doses of sinovac but is willing to quarantine for 14 days. Should we resubmit? and if we did, will her vaccine have a bad effect on her application?
She will need to prove that she has a separate place to quarantine like a basement with a bathroom or AirBnB not only because she has been vaccinated with Sinovac but because pregnant women are at high risk of serious complications with covid. In general it is not a good idea to say things like taking care of a pregnant woman or baby because that could be considered work. Visiting her new grandchild would be better language. I would suggest resubmitting,

Reactions: ucantseeme

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
She will need to prove that she has a separate place to quarantine like a basement with a bathroom or AirBnB not only because she has been vaccinated with Sinovac but because pregnant women are at high risk of serious complications with covid. In general it is not a good idea to say things like taking care of a pregnant woman or baby because that could be considered work. Visiting her new grandchild would be better language. I would suggest resubmitting,
thank you! Does she need a written authorization?
also my dad has a valid visitor visa and plans to visit us with my mom too. But he also has been vaccinated with sinovac. Would he need a written authorization upon entry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you! Does she need a written authorization?
also my dad has a valid visitor visa and plans to visit us with my mom too. But he also has been vaccinated with sinovac. Would he need a written authorization upon entry?
They need proof that their son-in-law is a Canadian citizen or PR. Also need covid testing required and proof of their quarantine plans.

jaideep1990

Sep 16, 2021
Curious Why applied through GC key account when new portal is raised for family reunification and similar reasons ? Is GC key faster way compared to new portal ?
I didn’t know there is a separate portal so ended up applying through GC Key for the 2nd time as well.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
I added a request letter to prioritize application for reunification with immediate family members in Canada. +added proof of full vaccination and proof of relationship docx.
Hi Jaideep,

I applied for my mother's visitor visa application for second time today through gc. She already had her biometrics done for previous application.
It is not showing biometrics information yet on my mother's application. When did biometrics get updated on your second visa application?

Peter bony

Sep 11, 2021
Thanks,
yeah there were some new document I added and the first application the reason I mentioned Other and COVID-19 but since the second application was through portal that form were not required.

Reactions: NaCanada2016

brane.r

Sep 13, 2021
How likely am I to get visitor visa if my purpose of travel is my long distance-relationship girlfriend who has Canadian citizenship?

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Re-submitted my mother TRV app:

Submission Date: 18 Sep 2021
Biometrics Completed: 22 July 2021 (Biometrics was updated into the application right away)
Final Decision: Waiting

Fingers Crossed

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Re-submitted my mother TRV app:

Submission Date: 18 Sep 2021
Biometrics Completed: 22 July 2021 (Biometrics was updated into the application right away)
Final Decision: Waiting

Fingers Crossed
Hi,

I also resubmitted on 18 th sep. ifyou get any update. Please post here. Thanks