+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

DrWish

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
I submitted my husband’s application on May 29th. no approved yet. So I applied today through IRCC portal and paid again!

Tarora

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Thanks Tarora.

this is so confusing. I have resubmitted this morning using my usual cic account and also submitted a web form. Is there anyway to link up the account using this new link. This is so confusing.
No you cannot link the both it’s already mentioned there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So that means we have to apply again and pay fees again. No guaranty or any updates on refund of old application. That is just unfair to people who have already applied and waited for almost a year.
For the biometrics it is often easier to pay again and then ask for a refund because the computer system is not great and often misses that you have already done your biometrics and that delays your application. You will get a refund for the biometric fee although you should ask for the refund to be 100% sure you get it,

Reactions: amirshaikh88

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So if we resubmit the application - we have to create new IRCC account ? Can you please provide a link where you're creating an "IRCC portal account". As per I know there is only 2 way to do that by GCkey and Partner (bank).
Your UCI# should remain the same

Shweta51190

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
My husband applied for Open Work Permit from India in November 2020. Can he apply visitor visa via new IRCC portal? As the portal says all about visitor visa so wondering if we can apply or not. Appreciate your help. Thank you

TBDL

Jul 17, 2021
NEW UPDATE:
If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption

You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again.

We’ll process the application you submitted before September 7, 2021.

• It doesn’t matter if you applied via the IRCC Portal, via your IRCC secure account, or on paper.

We’ll send you an email if we need more information from you or when we reach a decision.

Follow Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Reactions: Svd130

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Given the above update, do SUPER VISA applications need to apply again? Because in form 5257, when we use "Super Visa" as an option, the "other" field is disabled and hence we cannot enter "Covid-19" as the reason.

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Hi!

I applied for a visitor visa from the USA (I’m on H1B) in June 2021. The purpose of my visit is to attend my H1B visa stamping interview in Ottawa in Dec 2021. Since I did apply before Sept 7, do I qualify to reapply again according to this latest news?
I’m assuming we have to now reapply through the new IRCC portal..correct?

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Thanks Tarora.

this is so confusing. I have resubmitted this morning using my usual cic account and also submitted a web form. Is there anyway to link up the account using this new link. This is so confusing.
Hi,

I also resubmitted using old account, we need to raise webform also ? Can u pls tell what is it for ?

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
NEW UPDATE:
If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption

• It doesn’t matter if you applied via the IRCC Portal, via your IRCC secure account, or on paper.

We’ll send you an email if we need more information from you or when we reach a decision.

Follow Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Really not sure what are they up to now…yesterday they asked to resubmit now they are saying no need ,I submitted already and got biometrics correspondence letter to new application.. not sure whether to withdraw old application or IRCC cancels it .

Meetoo

Sep 9, 2021
NEW UPDATE:

Follow Link:
Thanks for posting this. I'm glad they updated the site. The details on reapplying were so confusing. I hope they are prioritizing those who applied before September 7 with a covid exemption.

Fingers crossed for news soon!