Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hi @anggaprawira , I wonder if you used OTHER, COVID-19 under purpose of travel in form imm5257e when you resubmitted your application.
Also, how did you upload/put the old application number in the client information? Thanks!
I have the same questions - it would be helpful if anyone shares their personal experience.
Additionally, I am stuck in a unique situation because I've submitted my mom's TRV application but we haven't provided biometrics yet. The biometrics appointment is early next week.

To everyone here: Any suggestions on how to proceed? My thought process is that I think it's best to wait until we get the biometrics done next week. Once it reflects on the account, then it would make sense to re-submit the application.

Also, for those resubmitting the applications, "no guarantee of a refund" :confused: Like, whattttt?!

Shweta51190

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
Anyone Re-applied the Open work permit application which was applied outside Canada before 7th Sept? Because I see the link shared is talking about Visitor visa.

anggaprawira

Sep 8, 2021
Hi, I applied a TRV on 27.07 for a scientific conference. Do you think resubmitting the application would accelerate the processing time?
Hi, I just want to give an update about my application. I sent a webform to the visa office responsible for my region, which was responded on the same day. The officer was then aware of my application and approved my TRV in just some hours.
It probably does not apply to everyone, but the webform is worth a shot just to let them know that you have an application ongoing. Good luck

Reactions: Ibtii10

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hi, I just want to give an update about my application. I sent a webform to the visa office responsible for my region, which was responded on the same day. The officer was then aware of my application and approved my TRV in just some hours.
It probably does not apply to everyone, but the webform is worth a shot just to let them know that you have an application ongoing. Good luck
Did this just happen?

anggaprawira

Sep 8, 2021
Did u pay for the new application? Can i use the same documents with dates less then 3 minths?
yes I paid for the new one. However, since my old application was approved later that day, I asked them to withdraw my resubmission and get me a refund, which worked out. I basically just uploaded the same documents that I submitted in the first application, and the details of my first application in the client information.

Good Morning,
in terms of supporting documents, you upload current banking and job letters ? or just upload an application ?
I uploaded every document submitted in the first application.

Hi @anggaprawira , I wonder if you used OTHER, COVID-19 under purpose of travel in form imm5257e when you resubmitted your application.
Also, how did you upload/put the old application number in the client information? Thanks!
I did not change anything in my imm5257e for the resubmission. I just created one pdf file with all details of my first application and compiled it with other submitted client info.

Did this just happen?
all happened yesterday

Reactions: NaCanada2016

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
yes I paid for the new one. However, since my old application was approved later that day, I asked them to withdraw my resubmission and get me a refund, which worked out. I basically just uploaded the same documents that I submitted in the first application, and the details of my first application in the client information.

I uploaded every document submitted in the first application.

I did not change anything in my imm5257e for the resubmission. I just created one pdf file with all details of my first application and compiled it with other submitted client info.

all happened yesterday
Please was it after resubmission you raised the webform? Also, what VO is this please

anggaprawira

Sep 8, 2021
Please can you share your Timeline

also what visa office is this
7 : sent a webform
14 : resubmitted application
15.30 :got a reply for the webform saying that an officer is taking care of my application
16.15: got a notification that visa is approved with the instruction to send the passport

It was vienna visa office

Reactions: zonur and Tarora

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Yes , because they will cancel your old application and as you are submitting new application currently, then current documents will be required. Anyway, this is what I understand. Its better to confirm officially
This is what it says in there instructions

Make sure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number.

By submitting a new application, your previous visitor visa application will be withdrawn. There is no guarantee of a refund, and you won’t receive a letter to confirm that your application has been withdrawn.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I am on temporary visa in Canada and applied for my spouse visitor visa in Dec 2020. I am considering to apply again with the new update. My spouse is fully vaccinated as per IRCC they are asking us to apply again if we want to travel immediately.
Now how to know the timeline of response. Is anyone aware how many days they may take to respond.

If you’re waiting for a decision and need to travel to Canada
If you submitted your application before September 7, 2021, we recommend you submit a new application via the IRCC Portal if you’re travelling for one of the following reasons:
  • to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
7 : sent a webform
14 : resubmitted application
15.30 :got a reply for the webform saying that an officer is taking care of my application
16.15: got a notification that visa is approved with the instruction to send the passport

It was vienna visa office
Congratulations,
Can you share what information did send in the webform?

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2013 (Received by CIC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
does new rule applies to super visa?? There is no information about it :/

Reactions: swordenium

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi all.

I am also confused by this latest change and would appreciate if someone can answer couple of my queries. I am a Canadian PR and I had submitted a SUPER VISA application for my mother, who is currently in India. I had submitted the application on June 15 and my mother got her biometric done on August 3. We were currently waiting for a request for the Medical exam.

Now, with these latest instructions, I had couple of queries:

1) Does this apply to submitted SUPER VISA applications as well?

2) If yes, then can I re-submit the bank statements, Insurance documents, letter of invitation etc. which I had submitted back in June or I need to get the latest documents from banks etc. and re-submit those along with the new application?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Abhiancha