+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

Did any one apply for visiting visa for parents from india after september 7th 2021?

I have submitted application for my parents on july 20th 2021and completed the biometrics on september 1st 2021 and waiting for the application status.

So, I recently saw this update to re-apply the application according to ircc update on sept 7th 21, so if i re-apply for visiting visa do we need go for biometrics again or they will consider the same biometrics and what all documents needed to reapply?

Reactions: Abhiancha

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, did anyone apply visiting visa after Sept 7th 2021?

My parents completed biometrics on sept 1st 2021.

do we need to give biometrics again if we re-apply for visiting visa or will they consider the same bio-metrics?

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Hi, did anyone apply visiting visa after Sept 7th 2021?

My parents completed biometrics on sept 1st 2021.

do we need to give biometrics again if we re-apply for visiting visa or will they consider the same bio-metrics?
Biometrics are in system now for 10 years. you can apply again. only old application will be cancelled. not biometric record

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Thank you so much for the response.
since my parents bank statements, tax forums are less than 6 mnths can i upload the same documents?

philips2021

Sep 3, 2021
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
Hi,
I need to be in Canada for a mandatory aptitude test for uni. Is there an option other than applying as a “tourist” that would apply to me so I can get my trv processing done faster?

Reactions: Olivia 237

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hi,
I need to be in Canada for a mandatory aptitude test for uni. Is there an option other than applying as a “tourist” that would apply to me so I can get my trv processing done faster?
Nope.
there are not other types of visa
unless you have a passport from an eTA country

Vasudeva12

Aug 17, 2021
I have applied Spouse Open Work Permit and Visitor Visa for my kid. Can I Reapply my visitor VISA for my wife and kid under this new recommendation? @legalfalcon
Country of residence is India for applicants

Meetoo

Sep 9, 2021
Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help. My partner submitted an application in May. With this new development we're thinking of resubmitting. He applied as an extended family member of a Canadian. Does the new info mean that we do not need to get IRCC authorization via the IMM0006 form?

Also, the website site says they'll contact people within 14 to 30 bus. days. I wonder how this compares to visa processing timelines. He is applying from a country that has a visa processing time of 300 days. We are just trying to figure if the new instructions mean the processing time will be less. This is so confusing and stressful. If we reapply, will we lose the almost 150 days we've used or will we likely get a decision within 30 days...sigh.

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
i decided to re apply soon and my immigration consultant will review the documents and give me the final list that i need for re submission, i will keep you updated.
Thanks! I am prep'ing to re-apply my mother's application as well. Let me know if you see anything new they are asking for now.

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Thanks a lot! I already resubmitted my application and put the old application number in the client information.. I hope they see it!
Hi @anggaprawira , I wonder if you used OTHER, COVID-19 under purpose of travel in form imm5257e when you resubmitted your application.
Also, how did you upload/put the old application number in the client information? Thanks!