New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

A Gaba

Oct 14, 2021
Received PPR for visitor visa on 18 November 2021
File submitted 13 September 2021
Medical 13 October 2021

Applied from india
Spouse in Canada on WP

SOWP still in progress applied in may 2021.

Reactions: Kumar25

Hasanmtl89

Aug 1, 2013
Hello all,

Can you please help me,

I am a Canadian citizen my parents live in Iraq, i want to apply for a super visa for them i want to do all the application but no sure where to start or the steps,

Is there any post with application steps, thank you

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi!
I have a question.

A lot of people are mentioning whether applied through 'portal' or through 'gckey'

I am confused.
What's the difference between the two? I thought these are the same thing.
I applied using https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html link for :
*My parents Tourist Visa (Applied before September 7)
*My Wife's Open Work Permit (Applied before September 7)
*And my wife's Tourist Visa (Applied on September 8)

Can someone please clarify what I can do now?

NiloufarMPour

Nov 21, 2021
Hi,

I have applied for visitor visa for my dad and brother in Jul 2021. And their application is still in progress.
I have submitted a travel exemption form for them before in Aug; however, they were not fully vaccinated at the moment. And only exempt from travel restrictions because I'm PR.
Now that they are fully vaccinated, I wanted to send a web form and follow up on their applications, as well as sending their proof of full vaccination. Hoping that would help expedite their application! Would that help? Or should I contact through some other route?
I was gonna use the travel exemption web form. But I'm not exactly sure what documents should I upload. I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
My parent's supervisa application timeline is as follows:

Submitted: February 28,2020 (1st application (GCKey)
Biometrics Requested: March 3, 2020
Biometrics Submitted: December 9, 2020 (due to biometrics suspension because of Covid-19)

Medical request: June 16, 2021 (for Visitor Record)
Medical Test Completed: June 20,2021
Medical Passed: July 7, 2021

2nd Application: October 2, 2021 (GCKey)
Medical Passed: November 10, 2021 (same medical reports from TRV extension used so considered upfront)
BVL: November 16,2021

Reactions: swordenium

mihir1711

Jul 12, 2021
Question for anyone who has received PPR from India -

Has anyone used the VFS 2 way courier service (pick up and drop) to send the passport for stamping? what are their general timelines? Also, once the fees are paid, what are the next steps - does the collector call before coming? Is there any place to check when the pick up will happen? Is there any link where we can check all this information? My friend paid INR 1729 per passport and submitted passport pickup request thru below link.

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

Pls advise in case anyone has been thru this process. Thank You.

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Have you raised a web form and was it of any help? Was it for parent or spouse?
Mine was for me and my dependents. We all have valid WPs and SPs. All we need is TRVs to travel back. We were in Canada till Aug 2021 travelled for a family situation