+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW INFO... IS THIS CORRECT??

GodBlessAll

May 3, 2009
can someone help????

some one just informed that if I am applying for skilled worker category, I cannot claim the studies I did for that period. so that means I cannot show I did MBA (distance) during that time of work.

this is new to me..... Any chance of this being correct????

regards,

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can show what ever you like :), as my knowledge, if you applied under Simplified process, then you must meet all criteria at the time of application. So you may not award points for your MBA as you did after your application submission. Let see, what other say about this.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahharrouf said:
You can show what ever you like :), as my knowledge, if you applied under Simplified process, then you must meet all criteria at the time of application. So you may not award points for your MBA as you did after your application submission. Let see, what other say about this.
Mahharrouf, I beg to differ. Take a look at this extract from OP6e.PDF

Pursuant to R77, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that the
applicant has completed at the time the application is made. If further study is completed and
documentation submitted between application and assessment, officers must award the points for
the highest educational credential obtained at the time of assessment.

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor’s degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.

There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
mahharrouf said:
Mahharrouf, I beg to differ. Take a look at this extract from OP6e.PDF

Pursuant to R77, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that the
applicant has completed at the time the application is made. If further study is completed and
documentation submitted between application and assessment, officers must award the points for
the highest educational credential obtained at the time of assessment.

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.

There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

Thanks for correction "BobbyB", i appreciate it.

GodBlessAll said:
can someone help????

some one just informed that if I am applying for skilled worker category, I cannot claim the studies I did for that period. so that means I cannot show I did MBA (distance) during that time of work.

this is new to me..... Any chance of this being correct????

regards,

I hope now things are clear for you as above memeber pasted legitimate informations. Good luck

GodBlessAll

May 3, 2009
Thank you, I have not applied for my PR yet. So that means I can add my MBA degree to my educational qualification. Correect?

Thanks