+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Immigration to Canada

maharafa

Mar 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

I will be sponsoring by my spouse in Canada after FEB 2018. I have graduated in 2004 from PAKISTAN.

I would like to know how I can be able to continue for MASTERS level studies without wasting any time as currently I am doing my MS in my homeland.....?

And how long it will going to take for my sponsorship application.

I would appreciate if anyone share your experience as per my question or a loyal advise.

Kind Regards,
Maha

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Are you a citizen or a PR given that makes a difference. It seems you are planning to remain in Pakistan whilst sponsoring which if you are only a PR you cannot do as you would need to be in Canada.

Apart from that average processing times quoted on the CIC site for an outland application are upto 12 months but as said you need to be a citizen to apply from outside Canada.

Last edited:

maharafa

Mar 3, 2017
Are you a citizen or a PR given that makes a difference. It seems you are planning to remain in Pakistan whilst sponsoring which if you are only a PR you cannot do as you would need to be in Canada.

Apart from that average processing times quoted on the CIC site for an outland application are upto 12 months but as said you need to be a citizen to apply from outside Canada.
Thank you for your reply.

My husband is landed Immigrant since 30 years. He is sponsoring me under Family Class Sponsorship or Spousal program.

No, I will apply for PR or Citizen after landing to Canada once my sponsorship process will complete. And I would like to continue my studies just after landing to Canada as currently I am in my first year of MS Program in PAKISTAN. Is it possible for me to continue accordingly after landing to CANADA? OR I have to start from scratch like applying as an Undergraduate program in any relevant Canadian university and then go for MS Program and vice versa..... I am planning to be stay in CANADA as my spouse is choosing to remain there.

What will be the correct and short-cut path to follow as an Masters level international student (sponsored by her husband)? As, I am quit reluctant in applying again in Undergraduate program and then MS Program in CANADA. I would to apply direct to MS program in relevant Canadian Universities and continue my studies just after leaving PAKISTAN.