+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW IMMIGRATION POLICY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.

Romestore

Apr 24, 2021
Hello, I am wondering if a recent graduate need to be currently employed to be eligible for the international student PR. program. I am currently searching for a job, I don't have one.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello, I am wondering if a recent graduate need to be currently employed to be eligible for the international student PR. program. I am currently searching for a job, I don't have one.
Yep, need to be employed.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Did you spent time reading the details carefully? It is clearly written " ... and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor ... ". That is clear indication that at the time of the application the candidate must be working. Doesn't matter which job. Grab one at the nearest gas station and that might work as well.

Romestore

Apr 24, 2021
Did you spent time reading the details carefully? It is clearly written " ... and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor ... ". That is clear indication that at the time of the application the candidate must be working. Doesn't matter which job. Grab one at the nearest gas station and that might work as well.
Thanks for clarifying jasz. So, yesterday I've attended an interview. They might sending me an offer letter if I request them early. Will I be eligible with the offer letter??

Last edited:
Reactions: jasz_blr

Varunp

Apr 25, 2021
Hey guys if any one of you can shed some light on my situation I would be very thankful. Me and my common law partner want to apply for the new stream where I would be the main applicant.I have two diplomas from here in Canada and We both also got our Ielts done 6 months ago. My main issue is that I have to currently be employed at the time of the application. Since September 2020 everyone in my company has been temporarily laid off because of government rules ( all non essential businesses to close)and I have been collecting CERB since September 2020. I can easily get a letter from my HR stating that I am still an employee of the company and will start working as soon as the government gives us the green light to open up do you guys think this will be enough to satisfy the “currently employed “ situation? Any help on this would be very appreciated Thank you ❤