+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Immigrants - Preferable Months to Land in Canada

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

Can somebody suggest if landing in Toronto as a new immigrant in late February or early March a good decision? I received PPR and based on my notice period at current employment and other family considerations, the earliest time by which i can fly to Canada is the last week of February. Would this be a good choice with respect to the Job Market, Climate, Flight expenses etc? Can somebody suggest?

My medical is expiring in July, and hence i have time until then. However, i was thinking to move as soon as possible and hence this query.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Job market , maybe share your profession for comment, climate still cold, flight costs can depend from where you are flying. Ultimately though there is never a right or wrong time to make the move although obviously moving in winter things can be a bit slow and cold. If financially it would not be an issue then move when you can given your medical expiry even if a soft landing.

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Job market , maybe share your profession for comment, climate still cold, flight costs can depend from where you are flying. Ultimately though there is never a right or wrong time to make the move although obviously moving in winter things can be a bit slow and cold. If financially it would not be an issue then move when you can given your medical expiry even if a soft landing.
Hi, I am a Business Analyst from IT industry. I would be flying from India. My medical expiry is in July. I was thinking if the job market and climate is tooo worse in Feb/March, i would delay the landing a bit more further. Otherwise, if the job market would be more or less the same situation, i would be happy to be there as soon as possible.