neither update the file revisions?
New forms are:

1. Generic Application (2D) - IMM0008ENU_2D - This is new
2. Supplementary Information - Your Travels - IMM5562E - This is new
3. Document Checklist - IMM5612 - This is new
4. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] - This is new
5. Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604]
6. Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] - This is new
7. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] - called as Schedule 1 before, some questions were deleted.
8. Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] - Assets, Liabilities, Settlements Funds is now asked.
9. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] - This is new
10. Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker [IMM 5620]
11. Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]

* Changes in form numbers (footnotes)
* The Visa office Specific Instruction is not included anymore.

Regards.

tvm

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks a lot for the response. does that mean that visa office specific forms are not
required during intial application

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tvm said:
Thanks a lot for the response. does that mean that visa office specific forms are not
required during intial application
Yes, for applicant after July 18, 2011 this new forms will be used http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

I believe that the Visa Office Specific Instruction was already superseded by the Document Checklist form (IMM5612). I got this info from forum members here.

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
Hello everyone!
I just learn about new forms and guide. My applications are ready to be send and its really shocking news for me(
I have a question about updates- " Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete"
Does this statement mean that I still can use old forms (old instruction guide+ 2 check lists) as for applying before November 14?
If so, should I only need to use an updated form Generic IMM0008 with bar code?Or I still can send an old version?
Thank you!!!!

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
xehiaa said:
Hello everyone!
I just learn about new forms and guide. My applications are ready to be send and its really shocking news for me(
I have a question about updates- " Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete"
Does this statement mean that I still can use old forms (old instruction guide+ 2 check lists) as for applying before November 14?
If so, should I only need to use an updated form Generic IMM0008 with bar code?Or I still can send an old version?
Thank you!!!!
Is anybody still here???!!Please, give me a hint what to do!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, CIC says that post 18th July applicants are encouraged and advised to use new forms. They will accept old forms until November 14. However, I would use new forms because they are easier to fill and will generate bar code which will help you to better track details of your application assessment.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xehiaa said:
Is anybody still here???!!Please, give me a hint what to do!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!
You can still use old forms or if you need to do better use the new version forms according to updated instruction and guide.

CIC website about :

]using instruction guide and doc.check list:

Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete.

About application forms:

The CIO will continue to accept the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM0008) until March 31, 2012. After that date, only the new version of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) will be accepted and all previous versions will be returned to applicants.

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing.

Hope you are clear now.

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
Thank you guys a lot!!
This is what I want to hear to encourage myself with a right action! I will send old forms with just updated Generic!
Thanks

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xehiaa said:
Thank you guys a lot!!
This is what I want to hear to encourage myself with a right action! I will send old forms with just updated Generic!
Thanks
You mean you will submit a combination of old and new form? I think it's not advisable (IMHO). Why not new forms if new forms.

To Senior members: is a combination of forms a good idea?

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xehiaa said:
Thank you guys a lot!!
Thanks
Please, don't mix old and new forms. If it's not such a big problem to you, use new forms and CIO checklist.

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
giogenre said:
You mean you will submit a combination of old and new form? I think it's not advisable (IMHO). Why not new forms if new forms.

To Senior members: is a combination of forms a good idea?
No, I am not gonna mix it, I just wanna follow this NOTE (from the web site):
" Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below"
that means to me that from July 18 but only until November 14!! either I am sending old or new forms, , I have to submit the NEW GENERIC APPLICATION FORM. So for that applicants who decide to submit the OLD forms (with 2 checklists) it`s still acceptable to do so, but only until November 14 and with only 1 updated- NEW Generic form (according this NOTE above) . The rest forms remain the same. Or I am mistaken ?

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xehiaa said:
No, I am not gonna mix it, I just wanna follow this NOTE (from the web site):
" Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below"
that means to me that from July 18 but only until November 14!! either I am sending old or new forms, , I have to submit the NEW GENERIC APPLICATION FORM. So for that applicants who decide to submit the OLD forms (with 2 checklists) it`s still acceptable to do so, but only until November 14 and with only 1 updated- NEW Generic form (according this NOTE above) . The rest forms remain the same. Or I am mistaken ?
I believe if you use the New Generic Application form (with 2D), it is advisable to also use the rest of the new forms. New forms have new Form number and some questions in the old form are either deleted or new questions are asked (e.g. Declaration/background, Schedule 3 forms). It's not that hard to fill-up another just one more time.

1. Generic Application (2D) - IMM0008ENU_2D
2. Supplementary Information - Your Travels - IMM5562E
3. Document Checklist - IMM5612
4. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409]
6. Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
7. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
8. Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3]
9. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409]
10. Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
giogenre said:
I believe if you use the New Generic Application form (with 2D), it is advisable to also use the rest of the new forms. New forms have new Form number and some questions in the old form are either deleted or new questions are asked (e.g. Declaration/background, Schedule 3 forms). It's not that hard to fill-up another just one more time.

1. Generic Application (2D) - IMM0008ENU_2D
2. Supplementary Information - Your Travels - IMM5562E
3. Document Checklist - IMM5612
4. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409]
6. Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
7. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
8. Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3]
9. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409]
10. Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence
Thank you guys for your patience and answers.
It is hard (, because in new updated Guide and forms I can`t find the information that allowed me to use my evaluated property as an settlements fund or proof of funds.....But I know that I could definitely use it with an old application...... That was my point to be worry about ...