+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New form( CIT 520 ) Request for Documentary Evidence Of Your Residence in Canada

Paradise82

Jul 15, 2014
Hello Guys,

Has anyone received this form recently called ( CIT520 ) requesting additional documents ? if yes. please share your time with us . Thank you very much and your help will be much appreciated.

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
Hi, Can you please share the copy of this document removing your personal information). let me know if you can email it to me.

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
what time period are they taking into consideration for this form? Is it like your date of arrival in Canada or only the last four years of your residence(application period.)

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in my case I got the RQ 2 months after I passed my application. Its a LOT of documents you need to prepare. Like Income tax, bank statements, credit statements, school records, bills, certificate (if you have a group), your donations etc. I think the government wants to see your tied up as a residence here in Canada.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can download a copy here: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/cit_520-e/

While it is similar to the Residence Questionnaire, it is not the same. To follow up on what hoping_canadian reports: An RQ requires about 25 different types of documents to be submitted. CIT 520 only lists 8 different types of documents and the officer will check off which of these are required (usually one or two documents).

The RQ is a lot more demanding and a lot more stressful. An RQ calls almost every single thing into question since arrival in Canada while CIT 520 specifies what the CIC needs and asks for it clearly and realistically.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After my test on May 13th 2014 , I have received this form asking to provide passport translations , certified by ATIO translator , it was frustrating as 2 years back I received a pre test RQ, I hope after this I get an Oath letter not a CJ :(

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
look4d said:
After my test on May 13th 2014 , I have received this form asking to provide passport translations , certified by ATIO translator , it was frustrating as 2 years back I received a pre test RQ, I hope after this I get an Oath letter not a CJ :(
your previous translation was it not ATIO certified? which you submitted with pre test RQ or you applied and left the country and came just to have your citizenship completed. please tell us reasons as well for your case to get pre and post 2 RQs. why you got nailed repeatedly. any history on your case

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
your previous translation was it not ATIO certified? which you submitted with pre test RQ or you applied and left the country and came just to have your citizenship completed. please tell us reasons as well for your case to get pre and post 2 RQs. why you got nailed repeatedly. any history on your case
Hi Blueshirt, I'd be interested to hear about your case and if you could explain your concern around RQs. Have you received one? If not, can you explain your worry around receiving one? Thanks.

Regarding look4d's case, the great benefit of the CIT 520 is they actually tell you what they want, so it's easy to extrapolate that amidst all the other documents required for RQ, look4d either neglected to include a translation of the passport or provided a translation that was not certified by a Canadian provincial association.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi eileenf, it is always nice to get your opinion , unfortunately, when I got the Pr test RQ in jul 2012,I sent translation of the passports from the community centre in my area, I had no idea about ATIO certified translations by then, and the community centre never told me it won't count, as they did thousands of translations before, the ironic is, they still do the translations for RQ's, I am not very sure why CIC didn't ask for it till I reached the test and interview time, I would do that long time ago so there wouldn't be such delay.

Yes eileenf, the form is very specific , asking for ATIO passport translation, nothing more, I hope this is the last thing they ask for before the Oath letter.

Cheers

Paradise82

Jul 15, 2014
Hello jell9050 , Please copy the link below and paste it into your internet browsers and you can download the copy . Take a look at it , Thanks

residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf

Paradise82

Jul 15, 2014
Hi jell9050 , The documents was requested for the period of the last 4 years of residence. ( they requested my notice of assessments and record of employments )

My timeline as follow : Application was sent in September 2013.

Application start processing in December 2013 .

Citizenship test was done in April 2014 .

CIT 520 was received in May 2014 .

Requested documents were sent to the local office in June 2014, and still waiting for the Oath .

Paradise82

Jul 15, 2014
Hey hoping_canadain ,

I guess so heheeh , i am not too worried about RQ nor the CIT520 . I have been in Canada since 2004 and have never left the country since then. According to some experts on this forum the cit520 , it asks for specific documents while the RQ asks for a lot of documents and proofs.

I have seen some users reporting their time since receiving the cit520 , they were informed within 3 to 4 weeks after sending the specified documents. i guess they are speeding up the processing as of 2014. lets hope for the best .

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucky you!

my applications is bloody ha ha ha i applied july 2013, get back my papers after 2 months(incomplete), after sending back. I got the RQ few weeks after HUH! (about 3 inches of paperworks) I had my exam last june 2014. and waiting...................