+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New form CIT 0002 uploaded today May 21, 2014

access

Nov 14, 2009
what about who have sent the documents and CIC had received till yesterday but not in process yet.

access

Nov 14, 2009
they have updated instructions and form saying that

Question 9D
Check Yes box to authorize the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to provide your “history of entries to Canada” to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By selecting Yes you are also authorising CIC to collect the history of your “entries into Canada” from the CBSA and to use the information provided by the CBSA in order to determine your citizenship eligibility.

If you choose No, you may be asked to provide additional documents later in the process which could delay the processing of your application. Please do not contact the CBSA to request your “history of entries”.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
access said:
they have updated instructions and form saying that

Question 9D
Check Yes box to authorize the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to provide your “history of entries to Canada” to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By selecting Yes you are also authorising CIC to collect the history of your “entries into Canada” from the CBSA and to use the information provided by the CBSA in order to determine your citizenship eligibility.

If you choose No, you may be asked to provide additional documents later in the process which could delay the processing of your application. Please do not contact the CBSA to request your “history of entries”.
The form is still the same old version which was released in Feb 2014 (check the bottom of the page). The note about not to contact CBSA was also included in the 2/1014 version, so it in not new.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
access said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp
When I open the form still showing CIT 0002 (02-2014) E at the bottom. Regardless my wife filed her application in March of this year and that note (about not requesting the Travel history from CBSA if you consent) was already there. It is not new!

So, if one is to submit his application basically CIC saying there is no need to request the travel history, because they are going to order it anyways.

access

Nov 14, 2009
Not sure where are you looking, please use the link above and open pdf file.
For me it shows

CIT 0002 (05-2014) E

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only change in the form is section 9D - History of entries to Canada.

Cit 0002 (02-2014) E - States that if you do not consent to CIC getting the history from CBSA then CIC may ask you to request it.

Cit 0002(05-2014) E - States only a Yes or No to authorize CIC with a caveat not to contact CBSA for entry records:

My interpretation of this is:

1. CBSA are being flooded with history requests by applicants - this could be increasing their workload and/or means applicants that would be caught out by CIC are better able to game the application vis a vis the residence requirements.

2. CIC are effectively stating your records that you submit are not necessarily independent - you can make the records up. Likely based on legal advice CIC obtaining them from CBSA closes off a 3rd party data argument before the courts. I think this aspect is helpful to applicants as it could be a point to raise at appeal if CIC did not actually get entry data as part of the application review.

3. It gives CIC a tool to further categorize an application/ flag it - whatever one thinks about their 'privacy' I expect CIC to view 'no' to authorization as suspicious - after all they have all you other info what's the big deal about your entries.

access

Nov 14, 2009
@ Msafiri

Thank you for the information.

I have applied on May 15 and documents are received by CIC.

I have submitted CBSA original report, also said Yes for them to collect the details from CBSA.

Do you think its not advisable to submit CBSA report and say Yes.

My application is still not in process. can they return and ask to use new form.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. The normal approach would be to lock in any application with a postmark prior to the form change.

2. CIC appear disorganized and we have seen on this forum returned forms where there has been a change in version between the time the applicant mailed it and the time CIC receives it and opens it up. This was most notable when the language evidence requirement was introduced (Nov 2012) and when the new fee structure was brought in (Feb 2014)

3. Hopefully with it being a minor change it should be ok - the worry in my opinion is for those who ticked no but never submitted CBSA reports in the Feb 2014 version of CIT0002...for them who knows what CIC will do!

4. Normally this would be an annoyance in losing a month or so of processing time if re-submission required but with the changing physical presence requirements a return of the application could mean being a citizen this year or in up to 5 years time (or more if RQd with CJ hearing in a snail pace Local CIC e.g. Winnipeg) depending on the physical days of the applicant and more crucially if they are front loaded in the qualifying period. Add to this the ever increasing number of applicants in the "on the way to the airport" unofficial category and this could mean disaster for some.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Msafari, I have a question I am hoping you can help clarify.

Question 6C asks, if you are a citizen of any other country. Does this mean any other country besides my country of birth or does that include country of birth?

I interpreted it as the former(so my answer was 'No', since I am a citizen of my birth country only). I am bit worried I may have answered it incorrectly; but I included copies of biodata pages of my passports.

Thanks

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is advisable for all applicant from today should use the new version of application regardless of minor change. CIC is very much likely will return the application used in prior version..

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:

Question 6C asks, if you are a citizen of any other country. Does this mean any other country besides my country of birth or does that include country of birth?

I interpreted it as the former(so my answer was 'No', since I am a citizen of my birth country only). I am bit worried I may have answered it incorrectly; but I included copies of biodata pages of my passports.

Thanks
Hi Senorita, I'll take the liberty to answer. Unfortunately you need to state all your countries of citizenship in that section. I had that answer from a call center agent, twice.
I think they'll understand since you submitted your passport and that your permanent resident card states your country of citizenship. I'm sure you're not the only one who made that interpretation.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Thanks for clarifying. I remember being stomped by this question and for reasons unknown, I didn't even ask on the forum.:( I hope they understand but I'm worried about them claiming it's misrepresentation.

Do they send an AOR with a file number? If so, I was thinking I could send a new form with an explanation when I get a file number. Sending a 3rd item now could be too confusi

Really I've had one problem after another so far. I sent my first application by Canada post, paid for signature. Well, they didn't get a signature and the tracking does not even show it was delivered. To be on safe side, I sent a new package through FedEX with an explanation and also asking them to return one of the packages if they in fact receive two.

Then Canada Post sends me an email saying CIC confirmed receiving my first package. I'm still trying to find out from them who exactly at CIC confirmed this. Now this.... I feel like crying. :'(

admontreal said:
Hi Senorita, I'll take the liberty to answer. Unfortunately you need to state all your countries of citizenship in that section. I had that answer from a call center agent, twice.
I think they'll understand since you submitted your passport and that your permanent resident card states your country of citizenship. I'm sure you're not the only one who made that interpretation.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
It is advisable for all applicant from today should use the new version of application regardless of minor change. CIC is very much likely will return the application used in prior version..
The original query/heads up as I understand was for those who mailed their Feb 2014 form pre the recent May 2014 form release. Anyone applying post the new May 2014 form release is well advised to use the recent version.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:

Thanks
My interpretation is similar to yours in that the normal default position for citizenship would be that based on Q4A pertaining to your country of birth. If due to nationality laws your country of birth is not that of your only nationality it would be sensible to put the actual nationality in Q6C - I would add a note such as 'sole citizenship of x by descent and not citizen of y by birth'. Relax if you have only the one nationality/ citizenship then answering 'no' is not an issue.