+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for reply. With those 50 points my score will be 482. What are the chances of my getting ITA in upcoming draws. Also What happens if I have received ITA and submitted all the documentation and I have to leave Canada post expiry of my Work Permit. Will there be adjustment to my score after that?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Thanks for reply. With those 50 points my score will be 482. What are the chances of my getting ITA in upcoming draws. Also What happens if I have received ITA and submitted all the documentation and I have to leave Canada post expiry of my Work Permit. Will there be adjustment to my score after that?
1 - Your chances are good.
2 - No adjustment after you leave Canada.

Cheers ;)

May 25, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Nothing is official just yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, i'm taking the TEF next week, do you remember by any chance what you were asked for the writing section?

Cheers ;)
The TEF is like the same as the IELTS. I had to write a newspaper article based on a headline they gave me and I had to write an article about it. Be smart and don't make to too difficult for yourselves (use easy tenses for instance, ...). I had to do a second writing part as well but can't remember what it was. It can be anything :)

The other parts of the TEF are quite similar to the IELTS. For the oral exam I had to convince a friend to buy solar panels. Reading was or very easy or quite difficult for some parts.

I thought I didn't do so well but had a nice score nevertheless. So if your French is quite good it shouldn't be a problem. Just think about the writing section to not make it too difficult for yourselves.

Good luck!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Belgiancouple1986 said:
The TEF is like the same as the IELTS. I had to write a newspaper article based on a headline they gave me and I had to write an article about it. Be smart and don't make to too difficult for yourselves (use easy tenses for instance, ...). I had to do a second writing part as well but can't remember what it was. It can be anything :)

The other parts of the TEF are quite similar to the IELTS. For the oral exam I had to convince a friend to buy solar panels. Reading was or very easy or quite difficult for some parts.

I thought I didn't do so well but had a nice score nevertheless. So if your French is quite good it shouldn't be a problem. Just think about the writing section to not make it too difficult for yourselves.

Good luck!
Nice! Thanks for the info.

Cheers ;)

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Your chances are good.
2 - No adjustment after you leave Canada.

Cheers ;)
Thanks once again. Good to know that you should hold a valid ICT at the time of invitation and no changes in score once you have received ITA. I may have to leave to India for some time to attend to some personal work before I decide to come back again

Nassser

Nov 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a job offer (non permenant; for 2 years) without LIMA which did not qualify me to get any point in the previous scoring system. Will I get extra points in the new scoring system ?

Thanks

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Nassser said:
Hello everyone,

I have a job offer (non permenant; for 2 years) without LIMA which did not qualify me to get any point in the previous scoring system. Will I get extra points in the new scoring system ?

Thanks
Is your work permit contains employer name? If so, u will get 50 points in new system.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kalpan said:
Is your work permit contains employer name? If so, u will get 50 points in new system.
Only after a year of employment.

Skkid

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Do we need to recreate our profile after november 19th, to get the change in points reflected in our profile?

Thanks in advance

Nassser

Nov 12, 2016
kalpan said:
The employer is a university! would that considered an employer name?

thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nassser said:
The employer is a university! would that considered an employer name?

thanks
Is that job offer part of your postgradual studies (PhD). If yes, then no points there as such employment is not counted as employment at all. But that phd will give you 30 points at the end.

malican

May 24, 2016
I am just catching up with these changes - is it that the changes are applicable to both CEC and FSW or just CEC?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
malican said:
I am just catching up with these changes - is it that the changes are applicable to both CEC and FSW or just CEC?
Both, if the applicant has graduated with a Canadian post secondary qualification or has obtained an lmia.

malican

May 24, 2016
kryt0n said:
Both, if the applicant has graduated with a Canadian post secondary qualification or has obtained an lmia.
In my case I have not graduated from Canadian post secondary qualification nor obtained an lmia. My both degrees (foreign) are however equivalent to Canadian degrees (evaluation done) and I am FSW Outland. These changes should not then affect me - correct?