+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Alloly

May 25, 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Please help me on calculation.
I am a dentist ( professional degree)
CLB 9
6 years of work experience
International never studied in Canada

My CRS : 461
What will it be now ??

Alloly

May 25, 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

dan_and said:
No change for you.
So this points is not for me ??

30 points, if the foreign national has either:
an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dan_and said:
This is for Canadian degrees only. You said you didn't have one?
You didn't study in Canada, so no.

Cheers :)

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

nikolain said:
So in short these are the 2 major changes:

1. Canadian Students get more points based on level or education:
0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program
30 points, if the foreign national has
(i) an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
(ii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
(iii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.

2. 600 points for LMIA are gone, now only the following:
1. 200 points, if the offer is for employment in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupation Classification;
2. 50 points, if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.
What do they mean by #2, arranged employement? Hope this doesnt need LMIA

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

betty44 said:
not a clue. but i wonder if they will continue with the atlantic provinces regular pnps + this new pilot.
That's what I told you; they would not give too much points to students as there are too many.

Hope French comes soon and award much more.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Elrud said:
That's what I told you; they would not give too much points to students as there are too many.

Hope French comes soon and award much more.
With this, they won't attract students.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

I have 450 points + LMIA. No Canadian Degree or Work ex. so my total points will be 500. Do you guys think i'll get an ITA?

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016

I'll be going to Canada for 16 months MAsc, currently I have 429 points
CLB9 - Bachelors - 27 Age - 3 years foreign work

1- After completing MAsc degree what my points will be under this revised CRS criteria ?
2- for 16 months Masters degree, how long would be work permit?
3- what are the chances now after this revision of CRS points for my case? Easy to get ITA after 16 months of masters?

Andology

Mar 8, 2015

sivasagi said:
What do they mean by #2, arranged employement? Hope this doesnt need LMIA
(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

Still need LMIA, read paragraph a. Open WP and Intra Transfer still need LMIA to claim 50 points. I think it is fair, otherwise there are too much advantage to international students, they already have 30 points for education, 40 points for 1 year of experience.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Elrud said:
With this, they won't attract students.
Hope there will be another notice for French this week; may be they are making statistic calculations for applicant's linguistic profile.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015

Very fair and nice changes. And no mention of siblings which is good they should make it a different stream. Nice changes limited bonus points fixing the LMIA. Fair to all I think the scores will drop now because we will save 200-300 LMIAs points after every 2 weeks that means no guaranteed ITA or high scores for them. The score will come down after first few draws of changes.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016

hey kryton, asivad and alexios and others

All in all, what will be the impact on the pool mix and CRS cut-off due to such changes? Will the cut-off move to higher side like 480+ or it will hover around 460-470's?

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015

No points for canadian siblings?

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016

Another question I had (applicable to those who have received an ITA on Nov 2): would these new scoring parameters have any impact on the folks who've received ITA but yet to submit applications (getting documents ready)?