+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
Hello, I got lawyers consultations about my chances to get PR. They all say- chances are hight cuz I have LMIA which gives me 600 points. I even hired one to help me with the process.

But none of them didnt tell me about this reform, which I found just today. Based on my scores (Married, Ielts L 5.5 R 6.5 W 6.0 S 7.0, working in Canada more than 1 year with valid work permit(Lmia NOC B), Bachelor degree) I calculated 423 poins for me, which is not about "hight chances" as I understand now.

What do you think? I already payed to my lawyer and we are about to send my profile through CEC, after diploma evaluation...

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i updated my profile

in the work history there is one section added "intended work in Canada"

this is the only section we need to update to get the additional points either 200 or 50 for the valid job offer based on NOC...
to get Canada education there will be other section which I am not sure.

I updated last night around 6pm but the points are not reflected yet .. some say it's updated .. waiting

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
FedD said:
Hello, I got lawyers consultations about my chances to get PR. They all say- chances are hight cuz I have LMIA which gives me 600 points. I even hired one to help me with the process.

But none of them didnt tell me about this reform, which I found just today. Based on my scores (Married, Ielts L 5.5 R 6.5 W 6.0 S 7.0, working in Canada more than 1 year with valid work permit(Lmia NOC B), Bachelor degree) I calculated 423 poins for me, which is not about "hight chances" as I understand now.

What do you think? I already payed to my lawyer and we are about to send my profile through CEC, after diploma evaluation...
I noticed IELTS listening score of 5.5 - don't you need a minimum of 6 in all four to qualify for EE?

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
When you go into education - you have to modify and it will ask you if your degree was attained in Canada and you have to select yes and submit your changes then it may take up to 24 hours for the new points to be added

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FedD said:

Does 423 already include 50 points for LMIA?

You can retake IELTS to improve your score. Also, if your spouse has good language scores then it will will help a lot, so your spouse should try to get very good IELTS scores as well.

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

My workpermit will expire in April 2017(LMIA exempt), However my Employer have requested for extension. The extension will be done till April 2019.

I have a offer letter specifying.

"This project is ongoing, and we hope to extend this assignment for an additional 24 months. "
It also specifies other parts like NOC code, roles duties, etc.

Can this letter be used as offer of Employment?

Note: All other conditions are satisfied, like worked for 1 year for current employer, WP has Employer name etc..

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Hi All,

It is not clear for me what questions we need to be filled under intended work in Canada?

It would be great if someone would explain what questions we need to fill out as per new changes in order to increase points for an ICT work permit?

is anyone from an ICT work permit increased 50 points after updating new changes in your profile?

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
HI All,

I am currently working in Canada with ICT visa ( thats call intra company transfer). I have applied all the changes to my profile.
NOC : 2174 ( Software developer)

Question : what i have to select for below question and option ?

WAS a positive labour market impact assessment( LMIA) issued for the current work permit.
1) Yes
2) No
3) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement
4) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a federal-provincial agreement.
4) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

Thanks in Advance

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hi, i answered as below according to my situation.

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name

Contact address of employer or company

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

City
Street name

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

Is ABC currently working in Canada?

YES

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES

Is ABC’s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES

Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

(Drop down with 5 options – I chose the last one)

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

kallucanada said:
Hi All,

It is not clear for me what questions we need to be filled under intended work in Canada?

It would be great if someone would explain what questions we need to fill out as per new changes in order to increase points for an ICT work permit?

is anyone from an ICT work permit increased 50 points after updating new changes in your profile?

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
rg74 said:
Hi, i answered as below according to my situation.

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name

Contact address of employer or company

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

City
Street name

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

Is ABC currently working in Canada?

YES

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES

Is ABC’s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES

Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

(Drop down with 5 options – I chose the last one)

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.
it is really very helpful and now I am very clear about new changes. I have now updated these changes in my profile, I think I need to wait for some time to increase my score.

Are you also able to confirm that for an NOC 2283, below IELTS score is enough. Will they consider me under CEC or FSW when we would show up our ECA in our profile?

L:7.5; R:5.5; W:5.5; S:7

hamletdz

Jun 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

A quick question for the experiencing in Entry Express Invitation. Do all the work experience certificate MUST have the full duties description?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hamletdz said:
Hi everyone,

A quick question for the experiencing in Entry Express Invitation. Do all the work experience certificate MUST have the full duties description?
Yes

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
hi, i have completed a advanced diploma in Canada and was awarded an Ontario College Advanced Diploma. my course was originally three year course but i was given 1 year credit for my B.tech back home. And my study duration was 4 Sem. I am just confused does my level of education counts as three years diploma or it counts as only 2 years diploma...thanks

and will i get 15 points or 30 points. do the points depend on duration of study or the credentials of the degree awarded.

thanks

sarikar

Sep 28, 2015
sangoswa said:
HI All,

I am currently working in Canada with ICT visa ( thats call intra company transfer). I have applied all the changes to my profile.
NOC : 2174 ( Software developer)

Question : what i have to select for below question and option ?

WAS a positive labour market impact assessment( LMIA) issued for the current work permit.
1) Yes
2) No
3) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement
4) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a federal-provincial agreement.
4) My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

Thanks in Advance
I am also under ICt.currently working in Canada..
Can you please help to answer the below question?

Which of these categories does ABC job fall under?
A. No work permit required.
B. Work permit required,no Lmia required
C. Work permit and Lmia required.