+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be announced in Nov 19th

BA2LAMAZ said:
I am super excited to read this although this means that the CRS points might go down for the next few draws if the ITAs are around 2000 (+- 200).

Finally getting to break through the <450 threshold *phew*

ts123

Nov 3, 2016
  • Alexios07 said:
    Skills Transferability changes

1. Level of foreign education & Language

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
    c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

2. Level of foreign education & Canadian work experience

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 1 year of CWE.
    b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 2 or more years of CWE.
    c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 1 year of CWE.
    d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 2 or more years of CWE.

3. Level of language & Foreign work experience

a. 13 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    b. 25 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
    c. 25 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    d. 50 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

Maximum possible points on Skills Transferability remains 100 (max of 50 in each section).
Alexios07 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can someone confirm for me what this actually means? I'm currently sitting at 88 points on skills transferability, with 2 years FWE, 1 year CWE, 2 degrees & CLB 10. The way I read this means that after the changes I will drop by 13 points?

I got an ITA today but was going to decline as my boyfriend has only just submitted his FBI check. But with this change I'm worried that we won't come out of the pool again if I decline? (will be on 488 as of next week as it's my birthday, assuming no changes to the skills transferability).

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ts123 said:

• Please can someone confirm for me what this actually means? I'm currently sitting at 88 points on skills transferability, with 2 years FWE, 1 year CWE, 2 degrees & CLB 10. The way I read this means that after the changes I will drop by 13 points?

I got an ITA today but was going to decline as my boyfriend has only just submitted his FBI check. But with this change I'm worried that we won't come out of the pool again if I decline? (will be on 488 as of next week as it's my birthday, assuming no changes to the skills transferability).

• why will you lose points ? didnt understand that concept

unless you have LMIA, your score will not decrease... the changes made are meant to increase scores only for some applicants... rest will remain the same. (except ofcourse for birthdays)

DrMahesh

Nov 14, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have created profile under CEC (2 years experience), currently I have postdoc job offer which is LMIA exepmted. Am I going to get extra points after law changes? We have 466 points now (WES is still holding my wife's education assessment which will give us extra 8 points), but now we missed this round (470). Anyway, I will appreciate your suggestions.

Dr. Mahesh

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This online service will be unavailable from 1:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Saturday, November 19, 2016, in order to perform system maintenance.

btw now we know exactly what time changes are going be implemented.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
simplynd2804 said:
This online service will be unavailable from 1:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Saturday, November 19, 2016, in order to perform system maintenance.

btw now we know exactly what time changes are going be implemented.
Ohhh nice.

btw your score is exactly the same with mine!!! fingers crossed for us!

av

Jan 21, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
If you have completed 1 year for the employer whose name on WP then you will get 50 points.
someone is saying that a job offer is also required for ICT, can you please suggest

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
av said:
someone is saying that a job offer is also required for ICT, can you please suggest

Patience for another two days, your doubts will be cleared on 19th Nov 2016.

Sam_test

Aug 29, 2015
Does anyone know if it need to be job offer with salary structure etc. or just the assurance for 1 year employment from employer

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I'll give a brief description first
I have an electrical engineering technology advanced diploma with co-op. The original program includes 6 semesters and 4 - four month co-ops. I have a bachelors from home country so I got direct admission into 4th semester and I finished 3 semesters (4,5,6) and a few mandatory courses from first three semesters and did 3 co-ops. The diploma certificate I received states - 'Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma with co-op'. I started in Jan 2013 and finished in April 2015.
My question is, Would this be considered as a 3 year diploma or 2 year?