+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:
No, I am a prospective International student for May,2017 intake
I have applied for Admission offer letter
1. University PG Diploma (2yrs)
2. College PG Diploma (2yrs)

I am trying to understand, how many points it will fetch ?
If you haven't graduated yet, then 0 extra points. You'll get 15 extra points in 2019 when you graduate.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:
No, I am a prospective International student for May,2017 intake
I have applied for Admission offer letter
1. University PG Diploma (2yrs)
2. College PG Diploma (2yrs)

I am trying to understand, how many points it will fetch ?
Also it doesn't matter if it's college or university. If it's 2 years you get 15 points. If it's 3+ years you get 30 points. AFTER YOU GRADUATE.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
  • Brace yourself! the new system is here to stay:

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1
    • 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
    • 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program;
    • 30 points, if the foreign national has either:

+an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.
A University PG Diploma = University Master Level , Isnt it ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:
A University PG Diploma = University Master Level , Isnt it ?
Not sure as I haven't studied in Canada, but you won't get any points until after you graduate in 2019.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone in this forum recently said before the announcement of bonus points for students that IRCC is having a meeting with regards to Express Entry.

Hope a Notice for French comes soon. May be for Siblings, people would get points automatically on Nov 19, if the answer to the question "Do you have a sibling, relative...who is Canadian/PR of Canada...residing in Canada?" has been affirmative. :)

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Someone in this forum recently said before the announcement of bonus points for students that IRCC is having a meeting with regards to Express Entry.

Hope a Notice for French comes soon. May be for Siblings, people would get points automatically on Nov 19, if the answer to the question "Do you have a sibling, relative...who is Canadian/PR of Canada...residing in Canada?" has been affirmative. :)
Someone said the meeting will be on Nov 13!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:

French speakers are equally entitled to points as English speakers. Why don't you understand this?

You get extra points for speaking two languages already. You could move to Canada without speaking English at all.

If they give extra points for French speakers a lot of Canadians will be angry as they will be implying that Canada should have French as a primary language. English and French are equal in canada already!

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Someone said the meeting will be on Nov 13!
I don't think they would wait for the intake to make further announcements, as you see Kadian's intake is in May 2017.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
French speakers are equally entitled to points as English speakers. Why don't you understand this?

You get extra points for speaking two languages already. You could move to Canada without speaking English at all.

If they give extra points for French speakers a lot of Canadians will be angry as they will be implying that Canada should have French as a primary language. English and French are equal in canada already!
They need Francophone to settle outside the province of Québec.

That is why they would give more points to those who have both official languages in their profile.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MCX_2017 said:
Do you mean people who have siblings dont have any skill?if thats the assumption i dont agree.On the contrary they might be better candidates than others.Its just that having a sibling is an added advantage and it is easier for you to settle when you initially land there.
How are they better candidates? I am all ears.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
They need Francophone to settle outside the province of Québec.

That is why they would give more points to those who have both official languages in their profile.
So the PNP streams might generate a separate quota ? But they won't get extra points as English and French are equal in the eyes of Canadian government!

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
popoxee said:
How are they better candidates? I am all ears.
it is all about the ability to settle faster cuz they have someone who already knows they country. the same happens to be the case with students, they have some knowledge of the county already and they got additional points for that. nobody is saying that they are better candiates than the rest of FSW. peace. ;D

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
it is all about the ability to settle faster cuz they have someone who already knows they country. the same happens to be the case with students, they have some knowledge of the county already and they got additional points for that. nobody is saying that they are better candiates than the rest of FSW. peace. ;D
Students have skills that are applicable to Canadian society such as all their professional knowledges are in English, and all skills (like engineering, nursing, etc) are situated in Canadian environment and highly probable to contribute better than FSW outlanders. Before they were even evaluated lower than FSW cuz it is merely impossible to get a PR for a student without PNP or LMIA. Now it is just fair.

On the other hand, people with siblings do not necessarily have the skills Canada needs. They might settle faster, but what can they do? Does having a sibling define what kinda skills you have to contribute after you settle down? Canada does not want people who can just settle down but sit home all day.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
popoxee said:
Students have skills that are applicable to Canadian society such as all their professional knowledges are in English, and all skills (like engineering, nursing, etc) are situated in Canadian environment and highly probable to contribute better than FSW outlanders. Before they were even evaluated lower than FSW cuz it is merely impossible to get a PR for a student without PNP or LMIA. Now it is just fair.

On the other hand, people with siblings do not necessarily have the skills Canada needs. They might settle faster, but what can they do? Does having a sibling define what kinda skills you have to contribute after you settle down? Canada does not want people who can just settle down but sit home all day.
THANK YOU! +1