+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
kryt0n said:
That will be updated on the 19th, but unless the changes are published first, the only changes to the grid will be what's already mentioned.
If that was the case, they probably would have published a new crs grid along with. It does not take much time to change a page from your website.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
g126 said:
I haven't seen any changes on the points for age, which is disappointing.

While I agree that the reason for EE is to get young people who are will be economically active for long time, they do required also highly skilled people and highly skilled people will be older people with much more experience...

LMIA was one way that older and more experienced people could get PRs, now that's effectively out of the window as no one is going to bother getting a LMIA for a measly 50 points...
I agree here. How many 29 yr olds with PhDs, 3 years of foreign skilled work and 3 years of Canadian skilled work are there?

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
In PNP through express entry, some provinces demand they should submit EOI on province's website meeting minimum criteria and then applying through express entry.

A same sequence can be made there also ,in family reunification stream. First registering through express entry meeting minimum criteria for any class like FSW and then applying in family reunification program.

#siblings

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
kryt0n said:
I agree here. How many 29 yr olds with PhDs, 3 years of foreign skilled work and 3 years of Canadian skilled work are there?
Exactly!

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-Points for Canadian education (points only for higher level of education achieved in Canada):
**0 points – high school
**15 points– 1 or 2 year post-secondary
**30 points -Credential from post-secondary program of 3 year or more OR Eligible credential from university level program at master’s level or entry-to-practice OR PhD
-

I have applied for 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Leading to exemptions from CPA Certification) - College Diploma (Not University)
How much it will fetch
15 or 30 ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:
-Points for Canadian education (points only for higher level of education achieved in Canada):
**0 points – high school
**15 points– 1 or 2 year post-secondary
**30 points -Credential from post-secondary program of 3 year or more OR Eligible credential from university level program at master’s level or entry-to-practice OR PhD
-

I have applied for 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Leading to exemptions from CPA Certification) - College Diploma (Not University)
How much it will fetch
15 or 30 ?
Have you graduated? If you haven't yet then you won't get any points. Once you graduate then the answer is in your post. It is a two year course, so 15 points.

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
sojugeorge_1 said:
In PNP through express entry, some provinces demand they should submit EOI on province's website meeting minimum criteria and then applying through express entry.

A same sequence can be made there also ,in family reunification stream. First registering through express entry meeting minimum criteria for any class like FSW and then applying in family reunification program.

#siblings
By this way only they can follow a separate system to reduce the time to make family members stay together.Also they fall under economic immigrants too.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
kryt0n said:
You want to apply as a French speaker only? Great! Go for it! You want to add French as a secondary language? Great! You'll get extra points already!

What more do you want? A cookie?
The whole purpose is to populate Canada and get the right people at right places. they must have done calculation on that. They say that the international students are best, why? Do you think the cold climate of Canada makes them best? Why french needed, do you know the reason?An fsw would not want sibling, french, and other categories because he wants his place. A sibling would not want other taking his place. that is human nature, but you have to be rational. the govt. has whole data and and knows how much point distribution would effect all different categories.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hi_canada said:
The whole purpose is to populate Canada and get the right people at right places. they must have done calculation on that. They say that the international students are best, why? Do you think the cold climate of Canada makes them best? Why french needed, do you know the reason?An fsw would not want sibling, french, and other categories because he wants his place. A sibling would not want other taking his place. that is human nature, but you have to be rational. the govt. has whole data and and knows how much point distribution would effect all different categories.
They want students because they have experience Canadian culture and likely have links already to Canadian companies.

They don't need French speakers as Canada is bilingual and a company cannot refuse an employee because they don't speak English. Canada already openly accepts French speakers. You can have your entire EE profile in French! The letters they send you are in English AND French!

Siblings may have a chance for better integration but they are not obligated to live with or communicate with their siblings once they have PR.

Dude, just see the other side, please.

I agree that if I was in Canada I would like to have my sister there too, but also I would feel a bit angry that she could get there solely because I was already there. She'd be getting in off MY hard work.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Have you graduated? If you haven't yet then you won't get any points. Once you graduate then the answer is in your post. It is a two year course, so 15 points.
So it means
2yr University PG Diploma = 30
2yr College PG Diploma = 15

That is unfair..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:
So it means
2yr University PG Diploma = 30
2yr College PG Diploma = 15

That is unfair..
That's not what it is.

If you have done 1-2 year post secondary/high school qualification you get 15 points.
If you have done 3+ year post secondary/high school qualification you get 30 points.

Have you graduated yet or just started studying?

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
kryt0n said:
They want students because they have experience Canadian culture and likely have links already to Canadian companies.

They don't need French speakers as Canada is bilingual and a company cannot refuse an employee because they don't speak English. Canada already openly accepts French speakers. You can have your entire EE profile in French! The letters they send you are in English AND French!

Siblings may have a chance for better integration but they are not obligated to live with or communicate with their siblings once they have PR.

Dude, just see the other side, please.

I agree that if I was in Canada I would like to have my sister there too, but also I would feel a bit angry that she could get there solely because I was already there. She'd be getting in off MY hard work.
Ha ha.......... I would feel a bit angry that she could get there solely because I was already there. She'd be getting in off MY hard work and is only devil out of 300,000 immigrants every year.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hi_canada said:
Ha ha.......... I would feel a bit angry that she could get there solely because I was already there. She'd be getting in off MY hard work and is only devil out of 300,000 immigrants every year.
What?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
That's not what it is.

If you have done 1-2 year post secondary/high school qualification you get 15 points.= College PG Diploma ?
If you have done 3+ year post secondary/high school qualification you get 30 points. = University PG Diploma ?

Have you graduated yet or just started studying?
No, I am a prospective International student for May,2017 intake
I have applied for Admission offer letter
1. University PG Diploma (2yrs)
2. College PG Diploma (2yrs)

I am trying to understand, how many points it will fetch ?