+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New express entry invitation but prior COPR is still valid

kuku82

Jan 15, 2019
I'm in a unique situation where last year (2018) I applied under express entry and got my application approved (already have COPR and passport stamp). The validity expires in Apr 2019.

However, due to unavoidable circumstances, I won't be able to land in Canada before that date. In the meantime, I floated my profile in the express entry pool and got invited again.

Should I just go ahead and fill out the application for the new ITA? I understand I need to pay the applicable fees again, which is fine by me. What happens to the existing COPR that's still valid? Would it automatically get invalidated? Do I have to invalidate it first before submitting the 2nd application?

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
You should try to land. You dont have to stay.... but it is definitely best to just land and then leave.

I'm in a unique situation where last year (2018) I applied under express entry and got my application approved (already have COPR and passport stamp). The validity expires in Apr 2019.

However, due to unavoidable circumstances, I won't be able to land in Canada before that date. In the meantime, I floated my profile in the express entry pool and got invited again.

Should I just go ahead and fill out the application for the new ITA? I understand I need to pay the applicable fees again, which is fine by me. What happens to the existing COPR that's still valid? Would it automatically get invalidated? Do I have to invalidate it first before submitting the 2nd application?

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018

go and land even if its a weekend flight and come back