+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New ETA - Electronic Travel Authorization / Electronic Tax for Arrivals?

Scout85

Aug 21, 2015
G'day all,

Am finally approved for PR, and will be completing my landing in Canada in July.

I have noticed that this new ETA requirement has been added for those landing in Canada.

My question is this:

I am an Australian (visa exempt country) travelling to Canada to complete my Landing and become a PR.

It states on the CIC website, that this payment does not need to be paid if you are a Citizen or a Permanent Resident...

But do you need to pay the fee if you are going to be a Permanent Resident after landing?

My guess is that as I wont BE a resident until after the landing, so, I will most likely need to pay this fee, (which isn't a big deal money wise)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

James

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scout85 said:
G'day all,

Am finally approved for PR, and will be completing my landing in Canada in July.

I have noticed that this new ETA requirement has been added for those landing in Canada.

My question is this:

I am an Australian (visa exempt country) travelling to Canada to complete my Landing and become a PR.

It states on the CIC website, that this payment does not need to be paid if you are a Citizen or a Permanent Resident...

But do you need to pay the fee if you are going to be a Permanent Resident after landing?

My guess is that as I wont BE a resident until after the landing, so, I will most likely need to pay this fee, (which isn't a big deal money wise)

Many thanks,

James
You do not need an ETA when you travel with your COPR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Scout85 said:
G'day all,

My question is this:

Many thanks,

James
As mentioned above, you can use COPR to travel and eTA doesnt become mandatory until September either way.