+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New doctor in town - need help!

begracious

Feb 25, 2017
Hey all - Thanks in advance for those who can help.

My family and I landed in Canada in 1994, but we have been in and out of Canada and haven't lived there on a constant basis.

Thing to note is that I never had a PR card.

Then I came back in 2014 to take care of my grandparents and ended up loving it.

I'm also a doctor and thus decided to spend my time doing a masters here and prepare for the Canadian licensing exams.

I've lived here for the last 3 years and kept good residency records like bank statements etc..

Questions -

1. What are my chances of getting a PR card if I apply now?
2. Is there an interview that I need to attend with a CIC officer or is it the whole thing just mail in?
3. If I fail the PR application, will if affect my future chances of becoming PR again?

THANK YOU!!

- John

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Are you American?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
begracious said:
My family and I landed in Canada in 1994, but we have been in and out of Canada and haven't lived there on a constant basis.

Thing to note is that I never had a PR card.

I've lived here for the last 3 years and kept good residency records like bank statements etc..

Questions -

1. What are my chances of getting a PR card if I apply now?
2. Is there an interview that I need to attend with a CIC officer or is it the whole thing just mail in?
3. If I fail the PR application, will if affect my future chances of becoming PR again?
Hi

To confirm, you were never reported for failing to meet the RO in the past when entering?

1. Provided you were never reported, you can apply for a PR card. IRCC is only allowed to look at the previous 5 years and as long as you can prove at least 2 years in Canada in that 5 year period, you should have no issues.

2. No interview. They may require you to pick up the card in person and check over your documents.

3. The only way you could "fail" this application is if you lost your PR status at some point in the past. If you are a PR and you meet the RO, you can't "fail" this app.