INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
Reet said:
hello seniors..
my passports were received BY CHC on 25th March...got RPRf receipt on 3rd April dated 29th March....After dat no updates...i ws expecting status to be changed to "decision made" dis weak...but no updates...... ???shud i send case specific enquiry???...pls advise

Thanx...
Hold your nervs....... Do not do any thing silly by sending the Case specific query Reet. Wait in in all 45-60 days excluding saturday, sunday and holidays..

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
malu08 said:
Is there any change in status for you in between Like medical received.
No change in Status after medicals....yes i did receipt RPRF receipt thru normal post...other than that no updates...

Madhava

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
Reet said:
hello seniors..
How much funds do v have to carry along???i had shown around $17000..are we required to carry all wid us??

thanx..
Hi Reet

17000 CAD is for a family of three. I guess its applicable to you. You can either open a Nova Scotia bank account sitting here. Contact HDFC bank for details. You can activate it after you reach Canada. But the catch is Scotia bank has low presence in Toronto. The other option is to carry travellers cheques or DD and encash the same while opening the bank account which has good presence in and around Toronto, example .. Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal, and TD Bank have good presence out there.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Madhava

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
Madhava said:
Hi Reet

17000 CAD is for a family of three. I guess its applicable to you. You can either open a Nova Scotia bank account sitting here. Contact HDFC bank for details. You can activate it after you reach Canada. But the catch is Scotia bank has low presence in Toronto. The other option is to carry travellers cheques or DD and encash the same while opening the bank account which has good presence in and around Toronto, example .. Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal, and TD Bank have good presence out there.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Madhava
Thanx madhava...actually i asked dis question bcoz i had a doubt...one of my friends got her passports stamped recently and she was asked by CHC to take minimum $10000 whereas minimum required funds in her case was nearly $14000(for 2 family members)....i thought may be they ask to arrange at d time of application and later when visa is issued one is not required to carry all d funds along....

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
bhaveshenee said:
Hold your nervs....... Do not do any thing silly by sending the Case specific query Reet. Wait in in all 45-60 days excluding saturday, sunday and holidays..
ya bhaveeshree..thanx..i'll hold back for another 20-25 days...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Email from CHC New Delhi for Proof of funds. Thought of sharing it with you.

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required

1 - $11,086

2 - $13,801

3 - $16,967

4 - $20,599

5 - $23,364

6 - $26,350

7 or more - $29,337

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependents.

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
People,

I sent my meds on 3rd of march 2010 noc 0111 still no reply as per bank rprf is encashed got receipt also dated 9th march..... sent passport on 4th march still no reply forum why is nd chc so quite they were issuing pp stamping very fast till feb/march meds sent now its a very slow senior members pl comment.....i am quite worried pl reply

Madhava

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
Reet said:
Thanx madhava...actually i asked dis question bcoz i had a doubt...one of my friends got her passports stamped recently and she was asked by CHC to take minimum $10000 whereas minimum required funds in her case was nearly $14000(for 2 family members)....i thought may be they ask to arrange at d time of application and later when visa is issued one is not required to carry all d funds along....
Reet

Documentary evidence is enough, the table shared by Rocky displays it all. One has go to by those figures, no flexibility or charity is shown when it comes to proving the availability of funds. We cannot afford to be lax in this regard. 14k is the right figure, if we go by the table. They will not ask us to arrange as the application is processed, they will definitely look for documentary evidence while processing the request. Requests without proofs, will simply be kept aside/rejected.

In my case, I am planning to carry travellers cheques in the highest possible denominations and open an account on landing. I am hearing that people are having difficulties in getting their drafts encashed, because its a time consuming process. Secondly, the TD Bank, RBC, and TD Bank provides better services when compared to Nova Scotia. Hence, NS is off my list as of now.

Thanks
Madhava

T

Madhava

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
Sha_sha said:
Today, I have received the PPs with the stamp..!! 8)

Now another crucial stage of Job Hunting!! Rocky, I have tried posting my resume in the job portals with the local address (Ind) but was very shocked to see zero response!! Is it something, I have to give canadian address to pick my resume by the employers?

Since your NOC is 0111, would you mind sharing your experience?
Sha Sha

Quoting an Indian address in your resume, will rarely evoke a response from the employer. The moment an employer sees an Indian address, they will lose interest in the profile on the spot. Your first priority is to ensure that your resume gets shortlisted by the employer, who will just see how quickly you are available or can be reached. So the first hurdle is to ensure that details presented in the resume catch the employers attention, and mentioning a local Canadian address (your friends/relatives etc, who can take a message on your behalf) is a must.

Secondly, Canadian employers are always interested in short and crisp resumes. A two page word format normally goes well, when you apply for jobs. The resume should answer only two questions "what you have done" and "what you can do." If your resume has answers to these questions in a clear and simple terms, your chances of being grabbed by an employer are high.

Any further questions in this regard, please let me know.

Thanks
Madhava

Madhava

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
Hell Everybody

I am looking for some inputs/advise on getting a temporary insurance.

I was told that the following insurance packages does not support one way ticket holders. Is it right? as most of us being migrants will not be having a one way ticket as this point of time.

1. AXA* :
http://www.axa-gulf.com
2. IMG:
http://www.imglobal.com/insurance_plans.cfm?imgac=21263&frames=0&app_method=1&CFID=324496&CFTOKEN=4049b2fee42bf8df-A3F1550C-1F29-DFD5-1244E7E6281C111E
3. ICICI Lombard:
4. Travel Guard Chartis :
http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance/travelmedical.asp
5. Allianz-Mondial :
http://www.mondial-assistance.ca/

Can you share your thoughts please.

Thanks
Madhava

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
People,

I sent my meds on 3rd of march 2010 noc 0111 still no reply as per bank rprf is encashed got receipt also dated 9th march..... sent passport on 4th march still no reply forum why is nd chc so quite they were issuing pp stamping very fast till feb/march meds sent now its a very slow senior members pl comment.....i am quite worried pl reply
Security checks ok is coordinated by The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and until unless they give clearance, visa is not stamped. So I guess they are taking time. But since its been almost 1.5 months I guess you should get your passport STAMPED back soon.

Sha_sha

Apr 11, 2010
Madhava said:
Sha Sha

Quoting an Indian address in your resume, will rarely evoke a response from the employer. The moment an employer sees an Indian address, they will lose interest in the profile on the spot. Your first priority is to ensure that your resume gets shortlisted by the employer, who will just see how quickly you are available or can be reached. So the first hurdle is to ensure that details presented in the resume catch the employers attention, and mentioning a local Canadian address (your friends/relatives etc, who can take a message on your behalf) is a must.

Secondly, Canadian employers are always interested in short and crisp resumes. A two page word format normally goes well, when you apply for jobs. The resume should answer only two questions "what you have done" and "what you can do." If your resume has answers to these questions in a clear and simple terms, your chances of being grabbed by an employer are high.

Any further questions in this regard, please let me know.

Thanks
Madhava
Thanks Madava for your valid points, I'll google the formats. Will ask for more information.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
anushauc said:
Thanks Reet ...
They hold it in Bangalore . But there is not enuf ppl there for a session .
So Delhi is the only option .
Lets c how it goes and if it is possible after the visa comes.. Too many external factors involved !!!
That is surprising

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
rocky272727 said:
Email from CHC New Delhi for Proof of funds. Thought of sharing it with you.

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required

1 - $11,086

2 - $13,801

3 - $16,967

4 - $20,599

5 - $23,364

6 - $26,350

7 or more - $29,337

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependents.

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

THANX ROCKY for dis valuable information....dat means we need not 2 take all $17000 in cash..we can carry something around $10000 and for d rest documentary evidence can be carried along....
thanx a lot once again. :)...

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
Madhava said:
Reet

Documentary evidence is enough, the table shared by Rocky displays it all. One has go to by those figures, no flexibility or charity is shown when it comes to proving the availability of funds. We cannot afford to be lax in this regard. 14k is the right figure, if we go by the table. They will not ask us to arrange as the application is processed, they will definitely look for documentary evidence while processing the request. Requests without proofs, will simply be kept aside/rejected.

In my case, I am planning to carry travellers cheques in the highest possible denominations and open an account on landing. I am hearing that people are having difficulties in getting their drafts encashed, because its a time consuming process. Secondly, the TD Bank, RBC, and TD Bank provides better services when compared to Nova Scotia. Hence, NS is off my list as of now.

Thanks
Madhava

T
ya thanx madhav... :)