+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*New Delhi* sponsoring Newborn in India for PR

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
Hi Friends,
My spouse and I are canadian PRs since Nov 2017. I am moving to settle in Canada this month. Meanwhile my wife is expecting and due to deliver in September. We are planning for delivery in India only.
1. What is procedure to sponsor PR for the newborn and whats the timeline? Best if someone can share their personal experiences. I will be applying through New Delhi.
2. In case it takes long, whats the alternate way to bring my kid to Canada?

Thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1.) You move back to Canada in July 2018 (note: only PR living in Canada can sponsor).......your wife delivers around September 2018......Oct/Nov 2018 you submit application to sponsor your newborn for PR in Canada.

For dependent child sponsorship checklist, forms and supporting documents......refer.....Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child.......Get your checklist, forms and instructions.......choose "My dependent child only" option.

Refer the dependent child sponsorship checklist for address to send application.

Check country specific requirements for India.

The Sponsor (expecting father) is expected to reside in Canada while the dependent child sponsorship application is been processed......with the newborn living in India, the dependent child sponsorship application may be processed in NDVO.

You may also, apply for TRV for newborn....although chances of TRV approval is 50/50.....but if approved.....usually is 6months visa, which may have to apply to extend........but will enable newborn to accompany your wife to Canada, and you sponsor your newborn while living in Canada......

2.) It takes around 6 to 8months to complete the process for dependent child sponsorship........will advice baby and your wife should move back to Canada at the earliest convenient time, as your wife needs to meet PR RO (2 years in every 5 year-period) to maintain her PR Status.

Last edited:

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
How to maximize chances of getting TRV for the newborn?
What kind of documents I should include to support my application?
What should I write in the cover letter to maximize chances?
Can TRV be applied along with pr application

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Visit Canada

You can't apply for TRV along with PR application.....they are 2 different application types.
There is no standard format for TRV letter.....chances of TRV approval is 50/50.....you will have to convince the VO why your child should be with the mother to Canada.

Last edited:

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
Yeah they are different visas but can I apply both at the same time so that I start pr process asap along with trv. That way I will save some time if trv gets rejected

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yes....you could send them at the same time....but note that they are sent differently and to different address or office for processing.

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
How to maximize chances for TRV? Do I need to include specific documents or give reasons?
In case trv gets rejected can I apply for TRP? Is it applicable here? And whats the process?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you have to provide convincing reasons why the VO should approve the visa so your baby could be with the mother to Canada.who is a PR in Canada.

Visit Canada