+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

amitgoyal_ec

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate (Never received any communication)
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Hello everyone,
Can anyone please help me regarding the additional family information form and additional dependents/declaration form

1) I am preparing my wife's application for spousal sponsorship. she is in India and I am a PR in Canada so should i choose in the marital status in additional family information for me - Physically present and for her Physically not present?

2) As we do not have any children yet Do I still have to fill the additional dependents/declaration form.

Thank you
You will choose physically present because you were present physically during the marriage and 'No' for currently staying together.

Last edited:

amitgoyal_ec

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Thanks for this very info . That means no one cares to update or change things :(
As i have told earlier in my posts that after getting my first GCMS in Jan, I got to know that CIC requested for additional documents "Birth Certificate" on october even before the first AOR. I have been sending webforms to IRCC every 2 weeks requesting them for resending the mail for document request but everytime they reply that they have update my comments on non-receipt of document request email on my file and VO should be sending you mail shortly. After my second GCMS notes, I can see the comment enetered by IRCC is actual there but still there was no response or communciation from VO on the document request mail. In my GCkey till today, it says that we require additional documents for your application and will be sending you a communicaiton or an email shortly, but I never received anything.

GCkey or for that matter GCMS notes is not helpful to me in any sense and it actually creates confusion. The only correct update you will see is on Ecas.

Last edited:
Reactions: singleman

amitgoyal_ec

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Good morning guys
Got DM today
So happy saw this awesome update while waiting for my flight to India at edmonton airport
Thankful to all of you for all the support all through and wish everyone a speedy processing
Congrats and finally the update we all have been waiting for. I think you will get PPR mail by next week

Reactions: neha25

sainim27

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO, shifted to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015

rimi3008

Jul 14, 2013
vancouver
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Passport Req..
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
06-12-2014

rimi3008

Jul 14, 2013
vancouver
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Passport Req..
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
OK FELLOWS SHE GOT INTERVIEW ;)
finally as I wrote our day will come
Oh at least you got an update. When is it scheduled? Are you going?

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
In the PPR letter everything is mentioned and the studio does it fine. You do not need to worry so much. I have gone through it. It's not that difficult like you're making it out to be. You just need to relax :)

If you show the printout which you have attached to the photographer they definitely know what to do. And no where is anything mentioned about your nose being in exactly the middle... what if someone has a broken nose and it's not exactly in the center does it mean that they will not get PR? If you have gotten your PPR then you've passed everything. The picture on your passport needs to match the picture you send them which should match the picture you submitted while applying for PR.

Once PPR comes in they won't reject just because of a picture. Anyways VFS looks at everything before sending it forward. If there is an issue they will let you know.

I understand the pressure one feels till they get their PR in their hand. But this is not something one should worry about :)

All the best with your file... hope you hear something positive soon
To assure you that photo is not a big deal to worry about, I can quote my own experience. I got my photo taken at VFS Chennai and sent the passport. Got the passport with visa stamped and landed in Canada. After a month they asked for my photo again saying that the last one does not meet their specifications. [no explanation as to why as usual]. I took another photo here in Canada, sent it again and received my PR card couple of weeks later.
To summarize, send a pic that does justice to the specification as much as possible. Beyond that if something is wrong they will still let you land and then ask for photo again. Don't worry :)

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
Thanks Bro :). Just hoping the VO Officer sitting on your file wakes up and process it by this month itself.
Finally all this long wait paid off and I am flying end of this month to India. I just have one question though, will COPR page be delivered via courier or handed over to me along with stamped passport or will it be given during the passport submission at VFS?
CoPR will come by courier along with the stamped passport.

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
Can anyone please help me regarding the additional family information form and additional dependents/declaration form

1) I am preparing my wife's application for spousal sponsorship. she is in India and I am a PR in Canada so should i choose in the marital status in additional family information for me - Physically present and for her Physically not present?

2) As we do not have any children yet Do I still have to fill the additional dependents/declaration form.

Thank you
I sponsored my spouse and we have no children. So the situation is similar to yours.

1. In normal case, it should be 'Married - Physically present. '
Tweet by IRCC - "Married-physically present" and "Married-not physically present" refers to whether the person was physically present at their marriage ceremony, or if it was a proxy, telephone, fax, internet or similar marriage where one or both parties weren't physically present."
https://twitter.com/citimmcanada/status/964592903560581121?lang=en

2. As per the check list - "if you (the principal applicant) have more than 5 dependants to declar, please use the following form to continue your declaration: additional dependents/Declaration (IMM 008DEP). if thoes not apply to you, you do not need to complete this form."

Reactions: Vaibhav Sharma