+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi all,

I recently applied for my wife to be sponsored to Canada ( She's in Punjab, India). I applied from Vancouver and sent the file to Sydney . It was received on Nov 1, 2018 . I received email in mid Dec stating that my eligibility to be a sponsor has been approved . A week after I received an email saying that the file will be processed in Mississauga ( Ontario) . On Dec 31 , we received the request to get the medical done.
Questions I have:
- Shouldn't the file be transferred to New Delhi office after my eligibility has been approved ? Why Mississauga ?
- How come we received the request for medical so fast ? Conventionally, medical request is the last step in the process from what I remember .
- Is this process normal ? What could be the timeline for getting the Passport request ?

I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, I have just been out of the whole immigration thing for few years now not sure about the current process .

Hoping somebody in similar boat could answer my queries.

Thanks all and have a great day !
Bro you are lucky. You should soon expect decision on your application. File transferring to Mississauga is good. you will now have very fast processing.

Hamii

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
it's a good sign, it means you passed the eligibility, i guess.:) can you please, share your timeline?
Application was received on March 20 and transferred to New Delhi on June 8. How about you when was your app transferred??

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Application was received on March 20 and transferred to New Delhi on June 8. How about you when was your app transferred??
Mine was received on july 13, transferred to ndvo on nov 26, they started processing in nvdo on dec 12

RKD007

Dec 23, 2018
Well, I sent my wife's application on April 19, 2018 and we got Pre-arrival on Dec 18, 2018 and no updates yet. However, I see many people getting DM or other updates within a week or so after they get Pre-arrival...so I am hoping to hear something soon...
Hi... We are on the same boat. File received on 19th April and processing started on 18th July 2018 but till date no update received...

Its really good that you got pre-arrival and I wish you will get DM within next week.

Reactions: akshar

Veer91

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
There are so many applicants waiting for dm after pre arrival.
I got pre arrival on dec 4 and no news since then. I don’t understand what’s happening with applications and ndvo.

Reactions: H sandhu

Powerful

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
App. Filed.......
Jan 3
File Transfer...
12 june
Interview........
Dec 4
There are so many applicants waiting for dm after pre arrival.
I got pre arrival on dec 4 and no news since then. I don’t understand what’s happening with applications and ndvo.
This year they are late when I checked last year they were giving DM right after new year.

Reactions: H sandhu