AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
it is Tuesday, but i didn't see this time service maintenance for website :( lets hope for the best.

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
What does pre a

What does pre arrival mean
it's a good sign, it means you passed the eligibility, i guess.:) can you please, share your timeline?

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hi all,

I recently applied for my wife to be sponsored to Canada ( She's in Punjab, India). I applied from Vancouver and sent the file to Sydney . It was received on Nov 1, 2018 . I received email in mid Dec stating that my eligibility to be a sponsor has been approved . A week after I received an email saying that the file will be processed in Mississauga ( Ontario) . On Dec 31 , we received the request to get the medical done.
Questions I have:
- Shouldn't the file be transferred to New Delhi office after my eligibility has been approved ? Why Mississauga ?
- How come we received the request for medical so fast ? Conventionally, medical request is the last step in the process from what I remember .
- Is this process normal ? What could be the timeline for getting the Passport request ?

I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, I have just been out of the whole immigration thing for few years now not sure about the current process .

Hoping somebody in similar boat could answer my queries.

Thanks all and have a great day !

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
Hi all,

I recently applied for my wife to be sponsored to Canada ( She's in Punjab, India). I applied from Vancouver and sent the file to Sydney . It was received on Nov 1, 2018 . I received email in mid Dec stating that my eligibility to be a sponsor has been approved . A week after I received an email saying that the file will be processed in Mississauga ( Ontario) . On Dec 31 , we received the request to get the medical done.
Questions I have:
- Shouldn't the file be transferred to New Delhi office after my eligibility has been approved ? Why Mississauga ?
- How come we received the request for medical so fast ? Conventionally, medical request is the last step in the process from what I remember .
- Is this process normal ? What could be the timeline for getting the Passport request ?

I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, I have just been out of the whole immigration thing for few years now not sure about the current process .

It seems nowadays they do the medical much earlier in the process. When we did our medical we were all excited thinking that things were moving along quickly...then our file got transferred to Mississauga...then Delhi...From what I hear, Delhi is a blackhole for applications :(

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
It seems nowadays they do the medical much earlier in the process. When we did our medical we were all excited thinking that things were moving along quickly...then our file got transferred to Mississauga...then Delhi...From what I hear, Delhi is a blackhole for applications :(
Thanks for your prompt reply. Where did you apply from ?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi all,

Questions I have:

Congrats on this as very few lucky applicants are selected to be processed here. now max 2-3 months and Good Luck

Reactions: lucky1990