+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hey guys I know this is NDVO 2018 applicants but I hope this helps just to understand the duration of the whole process at this time

Final list of dates:

Application received: June 9th, 2017
Aor2: Sept 18th, 2017
BGC in process status change: feb 27, 2018
DM and Pre-arrival email: May 11th, 2018
PPR: May 14th, 2018
Passport dropped off at local VFS: May 15,2018
Passport dispatched from Delhi: May 22, 2018
Passport received through blue dart: May 24
Ticket booked for: May 30th, 2018

In regards to status changes: our gckey kept stating that additional documents were required this whole time.... i haven’t checked it now but i do know that till we got dm it was saying we need more documents, even after receiving notes it hadn’t changed. BGC status changing doesn’t mean you will get dm after three days lol found that out the hard way. I know everyone asks what to say when landing process is going on and how much money to bring etc. According to my representative, you don’t need to bring a minimum amount it’s whatever you want. Gold you can bring it they’ll ask you about your valuables etc you can tell them. There is no maximum amount allocated that you can bring. Questions he said usually they don’t ask, if they do it’s about the spouse, where they work, where you are going to stay, who is coming to pick you up pretty basic stuff.

Just a humble request, i know people start jumping down throats due to Frustration, but please try to understand that maybe they don’t have anyone near them who they can share their feelings with and this might be the only outlet. This forum really helped me stay somewhat sane this is a long process and it takes a village to get you through this...shout out to Upkar Singh thanks for always helping me!
Congrstssss

Reactions: psvj19

akkishar

May 23, 2018
Very similar to my timeline but i have no access to mycic account coz i m using representative but ecas stating same as urs. I think you dint get Aor2 either right?my medicals are passed too.

I am using representative too! No I haven't got the AOR2. I called CIC today they have no Idea what AOR 1 and AOR 2 is. My representative told me it will take roughly 5-6 month from here. When I checked last year thread Jan applicants got there PPR by mid sept.

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I am using representative too! No I haven't got the AOR2. I called CIC today they have no Idea what AOR 1 and AOR 2 is. My representative told me it will take roughly 5-6 month from here. When I checked last year thread Jan applicants got there PPR by mid sept.
I wonder why cic people did not undsrstand AOR

Beefstick

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi I have send my file on Jan 27th 2018.
They received on Jan 30 2018.
Medical was requested on April 17th 2018
Medical was done on April 29th 2018
Medical was passed on May 2nd 2018.
I received a letter stating that my file have been forwarded to NDVO for further processing. Letter is date on May 18 2018.

How long does it take from this point.

1. When I call and check status automated system says:
2. We are reviewing your eligibility
3. We are reviewing the additional document you provided
3. Medical test have been passed
4. We do not need an interview (we will let you know if this changes)
5. We are processing your background check.

Ecas says:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 30, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 22, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
How long you guys are anticipating for your file? I see my file is little bit behind than others. Anyone would know any reason.
Akkishar, the key thing is here is the 2nd line you see on ECAS: "We started processing your application on May 22, 2018."

This is basically AOR2 and means NDVO has started working on your file. Now you simply have to wait. Expect silence for at least 2 months. Total process till PPR will be 4-6 months from now if your application is a simple one; longer if not.

Reactions: Berv7 and akkishar

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Akkishar, the key thing is here is the 2nd line you see on ECAS: "We started processing your application on May 22, 2018."

This is basically AOR2 and means NDVO has started working on your file. Now you simply have to wait. Expect silence for at least 2 months. Total process till PPR will be 4-6 months from now if your application is a simple one; longer if not.

I think NDVO is not sending the AOR2 they just start processing. Even mine was transferred to NDVO on april 27 but no AOR YET

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi All,

Is it possible that the immigration officer rejects the application directly, without giving us the opportunity to go through an interview or something?

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi All,

Is it possible that the immigration officer rejects the application directly, without giving us the opportunity to go through an interview or something?
I think its all depends on the application and the information you provided. Viss officer should be convinced that your relationship is genuine. Other aspects are SECURITY CRIMINALITY AND HEALTH.
theses are the basic things visa officer checks and if they doubt on anything they will call you for an interview.

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I think its all depends on the application and the information you provided. Viss officer should be convinced that your relationship is genuine. Other aspects are SECURITY CRIMINALITY AND HEALTH.
theses are the basic things visa officer checks and if they doubt on anything they will call you for an interview.
Thanks for answering my question, Berv7!

Teddy01

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hi all,
I am one among few who's application has been forwarded to ndvo.. Mine is Apr 12th. Pls do share your inputs once you receive any revert.
Thanks