+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
I have received Interview Notification Email from New Delhi Visa office today. Can anyone guide me like how many days it will take to receive the date of interview email from now? Timeline in my Signature.. @singleman ji any thoughts? They haven't requested for any documents though..

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

It has been determined that, in order to continue processing your application, a personal interview will be required. Your file is currently in a queue for interview scheduling, on the basis of its application received date. It will be scheduled according to its place in the queue for your category of application.

You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview approximately four to six weeks before the date scheduled. Please do not request an earlier interview, as all available interview times before the appointment you receive will have already been filled.

Interviews are normally conducted at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi. At this time, you are not requested to provide any additional documents. If there is any change in your address or in your family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see fax number and address below).

For information regarding our processing times, please see consult the following link on our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
Once the officer has decided the date they will let you know via email most likely. Usually they send out emails with scheduled interview date but from looks of it they seem busy right now. No one here can tell you how long because I have seen applicants receiving the same email as you did and waiting for nearly 3 months to be scheduled. I hope this is not the case here and the applicants I am talking about were from London and Mexico visa office.
Is there something in your application that triggered the interview that you can think of? Age difference, educational background differences, lack of traditional wedding, marriage done in haste, family unavailable at the ceremonies are few of the major reasons that can raise red flags in spousal sponsorship applications.

Reactions: jaz13

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
Once the officer has decided the date they will let you know via email most likely. Usually they send out emails with scheduled interview date but from looks of it they seem busy right now. No one here can tell you how long because I have seen applicants receiving the same email as you did and waiting for nearly 3 months to be scheduled. I hope this is not the case here and the applicants I am talking about were from London and Mexico visa office.
Is there something in your application that triggered the interview that you can think of? Age difference, educational background differences, lack of traditional wedding, marriage done in haste, family unavailable at the ceremonies are few of the major reasons that can raise red flags in spousal sponsorship applications.
Thank you very much. I could not think of any possible reason now.

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
I have received Interview Notification Email from New Delhi Visa office today. Can anyone guide me like how many days it will take to receive the date of interview email from now? Timeline in my Signature.. @singleman ji any thoughts? They haven't requested for any documents though..

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

It has been determined that, in order to continue processing your application, a personal interview will be required. Your file is currently in a queue for interview scheduling, on the basis of its application received date. It will be scheduled according to its place in the queue for your category of application.

You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview approximately four to six weeks before the date scheduled. Please do not request an earlier interview, as all available interview times before the appointment you receive will have already been filled.

Interviews are normally conducted at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi. At this time, you are not requested to provide any additional documents. If there is any change in your address or in your family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see fax number and address below).

For information regarding our processing times, please see consult the following link on our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
Is this a first marriage for both you and your spouse? I heard that divorcees are looked at with more scrutiny.

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
Nope. We got ourselves known each other through Matrimony.
That might be why then. They probably didn't see enough of a history between you two, and just wanted to talk to your spouse to make sure that it is legit. It sucks though that it will delay the application more.

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
AS I wrote be4, your file 1st went to Missi.. to be finalized rt here in Canada but then they felt like sending to NDVO for minor doubts.
It is written in letter "approximately four to six weeks before the date scheduled" I read 1 guy got a month's notice thus you have sufficient time to prepare for the Interview. Even if they didn't ask for more docs; it does not hurt to take max available photos, up to date record of pone calls etc...be safe than sorry later in the room "I forgot at home" You are not allowed to take any electronic recording device with you. I think Cell phones can only be taken if SHUT Off the power? Not sure even any cell phone is allowed even shut off condition!
I don't think that you need further answers re; what they ask? Did you order GCMS notes which could help in details what is main concern? May be it is too late now as GCMS takes min of 30+ days.
Basically they have Qs about 1 or 2 things about your relationships. So be prepared both spouses. They pick up a word from application from imm5532 and ask Qs. If it differs they make a note, then ask U more and so on..Go thru what you actually wrote in PART C - INFORMATION ABOUT RELATIONSHIP. I am sure you or your agent have a copy of all forms sent. Again Honestly is the Best policy there without confused face. Answers should be given politely not angrily. Some times 1 has to speak bit more about relationships to impress. Ask anything here if still Qs
AND lastly it is nothing to worry too much as interviews are not conducted just to refuse but to clarify things.