+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
Hi All

Need Serious Advice -

My Status - Canadian PR staying in Toronto
My Wife - Staying in Chandigarh, India with my parents
I am still to apply for her sponsorship as have not got the Police Clearance yet

Her Passport is from Himachal Pradesh , India
For the Police Clearance we booked an appointment with Chandigarh Passport Seva Centre
They Told that Her Passport should be updated with the Address she is staying currently and with details of me as Spouse theb only they will be able to provide the Police Clearance

My Question -

Is it Mandatory to get Police Clearance certificate from Passport Office or we can get it from local Police Station as well ?

Please guide us
Thabks in Advance

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi All

My application is transferred to New Delhi office on today. Any idea how long this going to take. I heard Delhi VO is slow in processing.

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
Hi All

My application is transferred to New Delhi office on today. Any idea how long this going to take. I heard Delhi VO is slow in processing.
Looks like that is the trend now a days. Mine was in Sydney; then moved to Mississauga and then to New Delhi. There is no obvious or confirmed reason but vacations in Canada might be a good choice for guess.

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi All

Need Serious Advice -

I am still to apply for her sponsorship as have not got the Police Clearance yet

For the Police Clearance we booked an appointment with Chandigarh Passport Seva Centre
They Told that Her Passport should be updated with the Address she is staying currently and with details of me as Spouse theb only they will be able to provide the Police Clearance

My Question -

Is it Mandatory to get Police Clearance certificate from Passport Office or we can get it from local Police Station as well ?

Please guide us
Thabks in Advance
You can obtain police clearance from district police headquarters(SP office). Not from local station.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi All

Need Serious Advice -

My Question -

Please guide us
Thabks in Advance
GOOD Qs
Remember in Punjab (may be whole India) PCC can only be issued after the Passport is made. Other words you cannot even apply for PCC if don't have a Passport. Myself and wife have gone thru this so telling you. PCC will be applied in applicant's Local Police Dist. at least rank of SSP will sign it. It MUST be submitted upfront in ORIGINAL. Passport Office as you said has nothing to do with the PCC. Don't mix Police check done 4 the PPT with this kind of PCC. PCC is entirely diff thing. :)
It can take 7 to 14 days to get a PCC from Punjab Police
SHe may have to contact HPPolice take help from a link below:-
https://www.fingerprintexpert.in/fingerprints-for-pcc-himachal-pradesh.html

Punjab Police:-
http://www.punjabpolice.gov.in/cprc.aspx

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
YES you can contact LOCAL police as well, who are finally going to issue a PCC via Dist. Office

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I love Himachal But could not find a match 4 myself otherwise could guide you more on their PCC procedures by now :) Himachal Police is quite good. :)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi All

Give it 3 to 5 months just a rough guess. SOme are waiting 7 months no action. Each application is not the same each table is not the same LOL :)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
You can obtain police clearance from district police headquarters(SP office). Not from local station.
We were finally given PCC at a small Police station however applied at main, and that's what I said. same small Police stn guided us how to etc.. thanks

aartisujith

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
31-05-2018
AOR Received.
06-07-2018
File Transfer...
09-08-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Med's Done....
25-07-2018
Passport Req..
29-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2018
LANDED..........
19-01-2019
Hi All

Need Serious Advice -

My Question -

Please guide us
Thabks in Advance
Better ask her to go and get it done from her home town. I did the same. I wasn't asked to change my address or Name or add husband's address. I didn't changed my name also after marriage. My husband or his family never asked me to do so. And in my PCC from Passport office they have clearly mentioned as Mrs (my name)(dad's name) wife of Mr (husband's name). So i think that's enough.

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
Hi! Has anyone received an AOR2 stating that the NDVO has received the application?
Usually those are 2 different updates(atleast for me).

Reactions: peace_lover

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Hi! Has anyone received an AOR2 stating that the NDVO has received the application?
I received a letter that my file was transferred to nvdo and i reveived aor2 after 16 days stating that they started processing our file. Transfer and aor 2 are two different things :)

Reactions: peace_lover