+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

gsjaura

Oct 31, 2018
Hello,

We got pre-arrival message today. Details of the application are below:

Application received: March 22, 2018

AOR1: May 3, 2018

Additional Documents required: May 10, 2018 (Since birth was registered late on birth certificate, they asked for voter's ID card, fifth class, eighth class and matriculation certificate.)

Medical Requested: May 08, 2018

Sponsorship approval: May 11, 2018

Medical Furtherance Request by NDVO: May 23, 2018 (We had to do tests for TB, and the report was submitted after 70 days. We were given 90 days by NDVO to complete this)

Transferred to NDVO: June 19, 2018

Medical Passed: August 13, 2018

Pre-Arrival Message(GC Key): October 31, 2018

Decision Made (ECAS): October 31, 2018 (GC Key still says submitted under current status)

Last edited:

Gulzaraman

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
i applied in June 2018, and they start processing my husband's file on oct 26.. what does that mean??? CIC already made their decision about my eligibility for being a sponser. his medical has been done and we received CIC acknowledgement about it as well.

Reactions: Powerful

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Is there any particular day in the week when NDVO issues PPRs or updates? When I got my pr ...it used to be Tuesdays.

Also once we we get our passports back from NDVO after ..are we issued a CoPR letter?

Thanks.
I have seen it happening on Sundays/Mondays ,may be they have night shift workers just do do all uploads

sylar98284

Aug 15, 2014
Abohar, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
AOR Received.
07-05-2018
File Transfer...
03-08-2018
Med's Request
21-06-2018
Med's Done....
28-06-2018
What is this site for??
This is a public community forum where applicants can mutually help each other.
If you are checking your application status using below link(known as ECAS) you will not get any detail after medical results are received by cic until a decision is made.
For detailed stats on your application, you should link your application to GCKey(if you already haven't done so).

Follow below link for more information on application status tools:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1221&top=3

Based upon the info you provided above, the next step would be the transfer of file to local visa office (say New Delhi) of the applicant. Local Visa office will then go through your file, contact you regarding more information/document should they need, process your background(security & criminal) check which may take a few weeks to months until they reach decision made for the applicant.

That's a high-level overview of the whole process. If you still have a doubt please ask the specific question.

Last edited:

Gulzaraman

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
I have received that our file has been tranfered to Italy.. then I sent a request to move it New Delhi as my husband have moved there and will b staying their.i got a reply that they have informed the officer taking care of our file.. after that I just noticed that they update online status that they gave started processing his file last Friday... so I'm not sure where our file is? And who will b following up on that file.. Italy or new Delhi India