+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Aswaroop

Nov 14, 2018
Hi All,

Firstly though i have not been an active member in this forum, many of you have helped me and my husband stay calm throughout the PR process through your valuable feedbacks. Would like to thank you all for the same. Since i believe i have reached almost the final step , thought it will be of help to at least a few if i share my timeline.

So here it goes:
Application for Spousal visa was submitted on Nov 29th 2017
Application received on Dec 4th 2017
Medicals/PCC submitted on Feb 2018
File transferred to NDVO and started processing on Apr 2018
Pre arrival and DM- Oct 18th 2018
PPR - Oct 24th 2018
Submitted Passport at Bangalore VFS- Oct 25th 2018
Passport reached Delhi - Oct 26th 2018
They send a request for new PCC and Landing fees a week later which we submitted on time.

Today after a wait of 13 working days, understand from the VFS tracking system that my passport has been dispatched from Canadian High Commission. Awaiting Airway bill details to track the same.

Good luck to all. Stay positive.

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Hi All,

I submitted my passport on Oct 29th to ndvo via VFS and they sent the stamped passport back 14th Nov. I just collected today(16th). I can see my child COPR has typo mistakes in her height and place birth. Height supposed to be 59 CM but they mentioned as 32 CM, and place birth is missing only country of birth alone there. Luckily my spouse COPR looks good to me. Did any one faced the problem like this? Any suggestion...thanks in advance.

joe1981

May 10, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my passport on Oct 29th to ndvo via VFS and they sent the stamped passport back 14th Nov. I just collected today(16th). I can see my child COPR has typo mistakes in her height and place birth. Height supposed to be 59 CM but they mentioned as 32 CM, and place birth is missing only country of birth alone there. Luckily my spouse COPR looks good to me. Did any one faced the problem like this? Any suggestion...thanks in advance.
I would take ticket and land
If date of birth and name looks good I don’t worry too much
Inorder to correct and re issue copr it may take several months

Reactions: rajanhere

newfemme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Any idea if cbsa will ask you to pay duty for the jewellery that you bring into Canada ? I have included it in the goods accompanying list & plan to attach photos & bills. Is there a threshold on the value ? It's not much..just couple of earrings, bracelet & a neckpiece..diamonds..so high value