+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

ateja

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Has your spouse/principle applicant received an email acknowledging the receipt of your application at NDVO or has the principle applicant's side on ECAS changed to "In Process" yet? That would be the first step. After that the next step is an update on GC KEY saying "we are processing your Background Check..blabla" For an update like that to happen so many of us are waiting to hear from NDVO.... most of us who are waiting right now are May Applicants whose files went to NDVO in July/August and have not had any updates from them ever since ...there are also some April and some March applicants still left...
be ready to wait at least 5-7 months now before any action from them.

Sorry I forgot to reply the whole thing. Principle applicant/spouse did not receive anything after the file reached NDVO. There is no update on the GC Key / online portal as well. However after I did submit the Schedule 1 form, the background check updated to "Not Applicable', before that it said something like " we will request you more information when we started your background check and let you know when we start your background check ". Now that you mentioned about that part updating to something else, is the "not applicable" under background check some kinda of error?

I also dont know - principle applicant's side on ECAS changed to "In Process" what you mean by this, I only have one GC account/online portal which we both use to check the status.

Thank you so much, I checked the spreadsheet for Aug and Sept and noticed that they are along the same timelines.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
you can access daily updates for your file on ECAS, which is different than GC key. A lot of people don't link their account to GC key so do not get updates from them but everyone can see their updates on ECAS
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
you can enter your application number/ your or your PA's details and see what is going on.. if you enter your details you can see both your side and your PA's. If you enter your PA's details then you can just see the PA side.. so right now what you should see is on your side it should say decision made and on the PA side it says application received/ in process. If it only says application received then the next time is for it to say in process- if it says in process you are one step ahead and the next step would be background check which can take 5-7 months starting now.
(You can actually click on the application received/ in process to see more details.)

Also, do tell your PA to check junk folder as our email from NDVO went there at first!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Reactions: NV77

ateja

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
you can access daily updates for your file on ECAS, which is different than GC key. A lot of people don't link their account to GC key so do not get updates from them but everyone can see their updates on ECAS
you can enter your application number/ your or your PA's details and see what is going on.. if you enter your details you can see both your side and your PA's. If you enter your PA's details then you can just see the PA side.. so right now what you should see is on your side it should say decision made and on the PA side it says application received/ in process. If it only says application received then the next time is for it to say in process- if it says in process you are one step ahead and the next step would be background check which can take 5-7 months starting now.
(You can actually click on the application received/ in process to see more details.)

Also, do tell your PA to check junk folder as our email from NDVO went there at first!

Thank you so much, I did not even know or hear about this ECAS from anyone. I just checked and it says "we started processing your application on Dec 13, 2017", so the next update after this is 5-7 months?

We are checking junk email as well but did not see anything after the last update from CIC that file has been sent to NDVO which was on 28 Nov.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Thank you so much, I did not even know or hear about this ECAS from anyone. I just checked and it says "we started processing your application on Dec 13, 2017", so the next update after this is 5-7 months?

We are checking junk email as well but did not see anything after the last update from CIC that file has been sent to NDVO which was on 28 Nov.
so the PA's side says In Process? That means you are one step ahead and yes next update would be Background Check/ If interview required/ any Additional docs required in 5-7 months so expect it sometime in May- July! Hope it's quicker for you though! Good luck!

ateja

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
so the PA's side says In Process? That means you are one step ahead and yes next update would be Background Check/ If interview required/ any Additional docs required in 5-7 months so expect it sometime in May- July! Hope it's quicker for you though! Good luck!
Yes the PA side says " Started processing Dec 13 " which I guess makes sense about 2 weeks after they said the file went to NDVO. My side says "Decision Made" as you mentioned.
Currently my GC Key account says no interview required, so hopefully that doesnt change.

Thanks a bunch, hopefully its quicker for all of us! Did you mean May-July for PPR? all done or just background check etc. I checked some timelines on spread sheet, seemed like after getting Background check update it doesnt take too long? around 2-3 weeks, for the whole thing to be done.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Yes the PA side says " Started processing Dec 13 " which I guess makes sense about 2 weeks after they said the file went to NDVO.
Currently my GC Key account says no interview required, so hopefully that doesnt change.

Thanks a bunch, hopefully its quicker for all of us! Did you mean May-July for PPR? all done or just background check etc. I checked some timelines on spread sheet, seemed like after getting Background check update it doesnt take too long? around 2-3 weeks, for the whole thing to be done.
yeah it did not take long after the BCG to get DM and PPR from NDVO before, but now it's a complete mess! Currently, April applicants have been waiting for over 2 months after BCG with no response.. so don't know what's happening at NDVO- hopefully they sort themselves out and be more efficient next year. At this point, let's just say 5-7 months for BCG to start.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
April 13 application received
AOR1 May 25
AOR2 June 23
Medical request September 5
Interview December 12
BGC December 13
DM December 14
hey was your BGC before the interview request "NA" or "we are processing your application?"

akubair

Jan 29, 2017
I just got a Auto Reply on December 8; but ATIP still didn’t reply to my inquiry and still no notes. How long did it take to get a actual reply from ATIP? It used to only take 3 days before! I don’t know if I should wait it out or email them again...
This is a bit confusing. Did you apply for GC notes at ATIP or did you just fire an email to them ??

If you apply for GC notes (for which they will charge you 5$) it can take up to 31 calendar days for them to come back to you with notes.

If you have just fired an email to ATIP, bright possibility you are not going to get the information you seek about your case, and their usual reply period is also erratic, so cannot say you will get any reply at all, or if so then when you will get a reply.

Last edited:

NV77

Dec 18, 2017

Hello
Actually this is a great knowledge you gave us today. I just checked my profile, from my side it is saying decision made and from my PA side it is saying that we started working on your file 25 july, 2017. And i am May applicant and they recieved my file on May 10.
Please tell me the next step it would be?
Thanks in advance.

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
This is a bit confusing. Did you apply for GC notes at ATIP or did you just fire an email to them ??

If you apply for GC notes (for which they will charge you 5$) it can take up to 31 calendar days for them to come back to you with notes.

If you have just fired an email to ATIP, bright possibility you are not going to get the information you seek about your case, and their usual reply period is also erratic, so cannot say you will get any reply at all, or if so then when you will get a reply.
If you look at my previous msgs, I applied for notes on November 8; they were due on December 8 and I have not received them; me and the other forum member didn’t receive our notes as of yet; So, I emailed ATIP 10 days ago and I didn’t receive a reply from them either. It’s been more than 40 days now since I sent the initial request for gcms notes.

Last edited:

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hello
Actually this is a great knowledge you gave us today. I just checked my profile, from my side it is saying decision made and from my PA side it is saying that we started working on your file 25 july, 2017. And i am May applicant and they recieved my file on May 10.
Please tell me the next step it would be?
Thanks in advance.
so the next step for you is also background check. welcome to the club fellow may applicant! I wonder when our turn will come!

Reactions: NV77

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
We are processing your application
Another person who validated my theory about interviews and background processing status lol. Any other people who have had interviews- please let us know what your background status said prior to the interview? Was it NA or "We are processing your application"?

Reactions: shrss