+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Dec 17, 2017
Any one please help me out,

Decision is made on my spouse sponsership and PR package is still shows IN PROCESS- so what does it mean and when i can get update to next step and how long more it will take to grant me visa?

Thanks

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
So probably just over thinking but its just so hard as I wait.
I just applied start of November and the package was received November 10th. Now I am just waiting to hear something. I know most people say 4 to 6 weeks for the first aor1. Which it's basically 5 weeks now.
However.. We printed and uploaded all forms 2nd week in October during my time in India. We filled it out then printed and had it all signed. I never noticed that they updated 3 of the forms later in October. They never posted a notice about this or said older forms wouldn't be allowed like they did with previous forms. So will our application still be accepted? Because of this small mistake i am freaking out that they sent it back. And maybe I'm just over thinking in.
Any advice to an over thinking newbie in this journey with you all?

akubair

Jan 29, 2017
Guys - we sent an email to NDVO inquiring about the status of the file and ordered GCMS notes (both on 11/27) - have not heard back on either status. Interestingly, in the last few hours the "additional documents" column has changed to "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." from "documents being reviewed". Any clue? - Thx

T/L-
App Sent - May Fist week
AOR1 - June First Week
Medical/PCCs/AOR2 and all that - 4th week of June
@sroy2017 ! Paging @sroy2017 !
Did you ever get a request to supply more documents after it changed to "additional docs required to process your file/case"? if it did - how long did it take?

Anyone else who has any info, please share!

Thx!

Guys .... Whenever you apply for GC notes, the the "Review of additional documents" status does change to "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

I called the CIC helpline and asked for the reason for same. And they explained that these status are kind of designed to provide information in both ways, ie from CIC side as well as the applicant / representative side.

The GC notes are generated from a case management system which is used by different ministries in Canada. Citizenship & Immigration in Canada (CIC) being just one of the ministry (in list of many) to use the case management system. So when you apply for GC notes, you are demanding the additional documents from CIC. Hence the status shows more documents needed to continue processing.

FYI .... the processing time for your application in CIC .... IS NOT AFFECTED .... because you have applied for GC notes. As this case management system & notes generation runs parallel to the application processing.

Reactions: Sm Patel

akubair

Jan 29, 2017
Any one please help me out,

Decision is made on my spouse sponsership and PR package is still shows IN PROCESS- so what does it mean and when i can get update to next step and how long more it will take to grant me visa?

Thanks
It will show IN PROCESS .... as generally the process is deemed complete only when the PA and dependents cross Canadian borders and are issued PR cards. So do not get worried about the status and all. Be happy and delighted that decision is made. And you can expect Passport Request with in next 2 weeks.

akubair

Jan 29, 2017
So probably just over thinking but its just so hard as I wait.
I just applied start of November and the package was received November 10th. Now I am just waiting to hear something. I know most people say 4 to 6 weeks for the first aor1. Which it's basically 5 weeks now.
However.. We printed and uploaded all forms 2nd week in October during my time in India. We filled it out then printed and had it all signed. I never noticed that they updated 3 of the forms later in October. They never posted a notice about this or said older forms wouldn't be allowed like they did with previous forms. So will our application still be accepted? Because of this small mistake i am freaking out that they sent it back. And maybe I'm just over thinking in.
Any advice to an over thinking newbie in this journey with you all?
STOP thinking !! Your date of application is 10-Nov-2017. So calculate another 6-8 weeks (and completely ignore entire Xmas - New year time .... ie from 23-Dec-2018 to 02-Jan-2018) for any correspondence from CIC regarding your application. Think less, have patience, you have very long to go.

akubair

Jan 29, 2017
Hi everyone,
Please help me to clear my doubts.
I am canadian citizen since 2011. My concern is, my husband is Indian national. He is staying in India. We got married in 2001 and register our marriage on the basis of muslim law in 2010. We are staying together in India at same address for last 7 years. We have three daughters all of them are canadians as well. My questions are.

1. Is it fully good for me if i sponser him from India while staying with him in India or
its better for me to go back and apply for him from Canada. Which option is better for us?
OK, there are lot many points which flag up for your situation;

To answer your question, when we read through sections in application manual, it seems like it is kind of expected for the sponsor to be in Canada while filing the sponsorship application. Hence there is large number of income-based documents demanded from the sponsor. As you are the sponsor in this case, you are expected to provide with your Canadian Income Proof (which is expected to be more than 60K CAD$ per annum), Canada tax returns (proving you pay tax on income more than 60K CAD per annum), your fixed address in Canada, your employment details in Canada etc. As a sponsor are held responsible for the person you sponsored for 3 years;

check this link for more information about responsibilities of the sponsor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14

Now considering you were living outside Canada for 7 years, I am not sure how can you move ahead with this. As your case is a bit different from usual, I would rather recommend seeking a consultation from a good, high end, knowledgeable, Canadian Immigration Lawyer (not an immigration consultant, or agency - but a complete LLB degree holder, experienced lawyer) who will not only represent your application to CIC from day one, but will also be legally responsible if anything goes wrong in your application.

Many of the usual things we as a sponsor face, like proving our relationship to our respective spouse, do not apply in your case. As you were married for more than 2 years and had been cohabiting with your spouse for more than 2 years. So some of the documentation would be easy for you. However, your geographic location (being away from Canada) could be a source of pain for you. Hence a lawyer should be a recommended way ahead.

Reactions: steller

amy_zira

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
File Transfer...
31-10-2017
Hey Amigos,
My telephone enquiry says you do not need interview. We are currently reviewing eligibility criteria.
My question is my interview is waived because they are saying you don’t need interview??? OR they can call for interview irrespective of current status????

Thanks

Y boperrai123

Jul 26, 2017
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
Aor1-26-05-2017 /Aor2-05-07-2017