Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
mywifemylife said:
Remedical is always a positive sign...
Just looked and his medical now says in progress. But his medical does not expire until December, so I am confused. Till now it has always said passed.

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
AOR 1 on 17th APRIL 2016, AOR 2nd MAY 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
HarkiranKaur said:
Just looked and his medical now says in progress. But his medical does not expire until December, so I am confused. Till now it has always said passed.
It's just because they have requested a new medical because old one is expiring.. So it's says in process when they will receive new one it will again turn to inprocess to pass..and remedicals requested means they have opened your file and most probably your eligiblity is clear next step is BG check , DM and ppr..your eligiblity always going to be in process until you got ppr..so dont worry just do remedicals and you gonna hear good news soon ...

AKKIMIKKI

Aug 25, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
Wonder why NDVO has slowed down so much. And, now the worst part is there are a lot of people with DM and BGC in progress but no PPR. There was time when post BCG update, the PPR would be rolled out in a few days time. Wake up NDVO pls...

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
AKKIMIKKI said:
Wonder why NDVO has slowed down so much. And, now the worst part is there are a lot of people with DM and BGC in progress but no PPR. There was time when post BCG update, the PPR would be rolled out in a few days time. Wake up NDVO pls...

Yea true before few days it was like BG check in process means you will get ppr in a week but now a days they are taking so long to DM and wow no ppr at all...

uzmi

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 march 2016
AOR Received.
16 april 2016
File Transfer...
17 may 2016
Med's Done....
12 feb 2016
Passport Req..
12 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
20 September 2016
LANDED..........
15 dec 2016
mywifemylife said:
Just seen my BG check went in process...

Ray of hope after darkness..

Thank you so much guys..
Congratulations dear !!! Hope to see many smiles soon

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
uzmi said:
Congratulations dear !!! Hope to see many smiles soon
Thank you :)

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
I have a bit of a question, not sure if anyone can answer this. As my husband and I had no idea when he would actually get his file approved, and since we have not seen each other in awhile, I booked a flight to India and plan to stay there for 6 months coming up March - Aug 2017. I am being released from the military due to medical reasons, and there can be a delay in pension kicking in, so to minimize the financial strain during that time I figured it would be beneficial to go to India and be with my husband. We were hoping he would have gotten his PPR by now, so that coming here soon he would have ample time to get the actual PR card. Now we are getting a bit worried. My flight ticket is non-refundable. It was a 30% off voucher from Air Canada which I used for business class (probably the only time I'll ever get a pod on a 14 hour flight on the Dreamliner...but I digress).

- What happens if we get his PPR say in Dec and he comes by Xmas? My flight is booked 2 March. Is that long enough to get the PR card?
- Once he comes here is he stuck here (unable to go back to India at all) until that card comes?
- If they send PPR very close to when I am supposed to go back to India, can we delay him coming here until Aug when I come back to Canada? (Like how long is the Visa good for, and / or can he delay sending his passport to get the Visa so that it would be valid until Aug 2017, and then he can just come back with me to Canada)?

Not sure what to do. We had hoped by now he'd be here, or coming very soon. That would have given 2-3 months to get the actual card so he could then go back and forth no problem. I'd hate for him to come here in say January, and then come March 2 we don't have his PR card, I'd have to either spend 600.00 plus difference in cost of a new flight (would be cost prohibitive as I got a REEAAALLY good deal on the flight by booking early), or I'd have to go to India to his family and he'd be in Canada by himself till the card arrived and then he could go back to India.
We fully intend to settle in Canada, this was just a necessity as I am leaving the forces, and will be without a pay at all for up to 3-4 months. During that time I was going to have cable etc all suspended, flip the circuit breaker so no power bill, and just pay the rent and insurance up front and then go to India where I'd have no bills. By 3-4 months later I'd have my pension cheques coming regularly. Also since i have not had much time to spend with my hubby since we were married, and since I will be officially retired and have time off, I had booked it in case he had not gotten his PPR yet and I could go there and actually spend time with him.

So what do you recommend??

Made

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 10 2016
Nomination.....
SA:-May 20 2016
AOR Received.
Aor1 11 May 2016, Aor2 29 May 2016,
File Transfer...
Start to process May 27 2016
Med's Request
Hope not
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015.re Sep 29 2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
mywifemylife said:

Yea true before few days it was like BG check in process means you will get ppr in a week but now a days they are taking so long to DM and wow no ppr at all...
you or right this point my BG went to process on oct/13/2016 still in process no DM , Never travel any other country.

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
HarkiranKaur said:
I have a bit of a question, not sure if anyone can answer this. As my husband and I had no idea when he would actually get his file approved, and since we have not seen each other in awhile, I booked a flight to India and plan to stay there for 6 months coming up March - Aug 2017. I am being released from the military due to medical reasons, and there can be a delay in pension kicking in, so to minimize the financial strain during that time I figured it would be beneficial to go to India and be with my husband. We were hoping he would have gotten his PPR by now, so that coming here soon he would have ample time to get the actual PR card. Now we are getting a bit worried. My flight ticket is non-refundable. It was a 30% off voucher from Air Canada which I used for business class (probably the only time I'll ever get a pod on a 14 hour flight on the Dreamliner...but I digress).

- What happens if we get his PPR say in Dec and he comes by Xmas? My flight is booked 2 March. Is that long enough to get the PR card?
- Once he comes here is he stuck here (unable to go back to India at all) until that card comes?
- If they send PPR very close to when I am supposed to go back to India, can we delay him coming here until Aug when I come back to Canada? (Like how long is the Visa good for, and / or can he delay sending his passport to get the Visa so that it would be valid until Aug 2017, and then he can just come back with me to Canada)?

Not sure what to do. We had hoped by now he'd be here, or coming very soon. That would have given 2-3 months to get the actual card so he could then go back and forth no problem. I'd hate for him to come here in say January, and then come March 2 we don't have his PR card, I'd have to either spend 600.00 plus difference in cost of a new flight (would be cost prohibitive as I got a REEAAALLY good deal on the flight by booking early), or I'd have to go to India to his family and he'd be in Canada by himself till the card arrived and then he could go back to India.
We fully intend to settle in Canada, this was just a necessity as I am leaving the forces, and will be without a pay at all for up to 3-4 months. During that time I was going to have cable etc all suspended, flip the circuit breaker so no power bill, and just pay the rent and insurance up front and then go to India where I'd have no bills. By 3-4 months later I'd have my pension cheques coming regularly. Also since i have not had much time to spend with my hubby since we were married, and since I will be officially retired and have time off, I had booked it in case he had not gotten his PPR yet and I could go there and actually spend time with him.

So what do you recommend??
I would recommend that you do an MP inquiry a week or two after you have submitted the medical. That will give you upto date news on your file. Usually if you receive PPR, it is good for 6 months or when the medical expires, whichever date comes first. IRCC website says that as of OCT 2016, Timeline for PR card issuing is 40 days for 80 percent of applicants. So if he's getting PPR in December or Jan, he should join you immediately and apply for PR card. Hopefully, he will get it within 60 days. If he receives it after Feb then it will be valid till July or August, depending on the date. Hopefully that will line up with your return ticket but I wouldn't wait till the absolute last moment to leave India, cause you never know what can happen. I would rather my spouse come to Canada right away and then go back to india. Hopefully this helps and I wouldn't recommend turning off the power to your house. You can just unplug everything and clean out your fridge and turn the water off, that should be enough.

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Made said:
you or right this point my BG went to process on oct/13/2016 still in process no DM , Never travel any other country.
where does the applicant live, they also send an inquiry to the local/concerning police station. So if you live in a remote area, it may take a while for the inquiry to come back to CIC.

vj1222

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 14 June 2016 AOR2 02 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
SA 27 july 2016
Med's Done....
15 April 2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
23 jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Rainasar said:
where does the applicant live, they also send an inquiry to the local/concerning police station. So if you live in a remote area, it may take a while for the inquiry to come back to CIC.
I second that, lenth that background checks vary i think strongly depends on the location the applicant stays.... if its in major cities it should be quick like a week or so .... saying this based on some of my friends applications last year

vj1222

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 14 June 2016 AOR2 02 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
SA 27 july 2016
Med's Done....
15 April 2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
23 jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Damn ndvo will they ever move accross april applications... theres also other months in 2016 waiting waiting waiting and waiting :)

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
</script> cols="60" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="2">
vj1222 said:
I think the last ever ppr i heard in this group was mr johnybegood april 18th applicant , who disappeared now lol

Please send good news NDVO peeps
cant blame the guys for disappearing, his wife is with him, he's did his time on the forum, he deserves retirement.

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
as per the current trends how long does it takes after background check in progress

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
RobbieS said:
as per the current trends how long does it takes after background check in progress
Depend on your spouse's location. Could be anywhere between weeks to months. But once back ground started that the last stage in most cases.