+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi Applicants- PCC from Delhi Police webisite or Passport India Website

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hi,

Can any Delhi applicant guide me in choosing between Delhi Police webisite or Passport India Website for my PCC based on following:
1) Which is fast in processing? What are average processing times?
2) I see Delhi Police provides e-certificate of PCC, does Passport India website also provides same certificate?
3) Anything else that anyone may suggest based on experience.

Thanks

aarchiebhatia111

Oct 28, 2015
Hi,

Plz go through Passport service (provided you get appointment soon), they provide you certificate on same day unlike Delhi police (they take 7-10 days).
{assport people are more professional compared to Delhi police where in officer comes for background check ans ask for bribe and stuff.
My husband got from Delhi police and after his experience I got from Passport service

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
aarchiebhatia111 said:
Hi,

Plz go through Passport service (provided you get appointment soon), they provide you certificate on same day unlike Delhi police (they take 7-10 days).
{assport people are more professional compared to Delhi police where in officer comes for background check ans ask for bribe and stuff.
My husband got from Delhi police and after his experience I got from Passport service
Thanks for quick response aarchiebhatia111, a 'Good' for you.

One more question- on "Passport service people providing certificate on same day",
  • don't they visit your residence for any verification?
  • And what exactly one has to take with-self on appointment day at Passport seva

aarchiebhatia111

Oct 28, 2015
For passport service - they dont visit home and you have to carry copy of your passport - front n back and stamped pages, also few add proof.. you will get list once you will book appointment

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
knowAndShare said:
Thanks for quick response aarchiebhatia111, a 'Good' for you.

One more question- on "Passport service people providing certificate on same day",
  • don't they visit your residence for any verification?
  • And what exactly one has to take with-self on appointment day at Passport seva
AFAIK, if your passport has been renewed within the last year, there is no address verification and you can get the PCC the same day. Otherwise, you might have to wait for the address verification and only then you'll get the PCC.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
I have heard that PSK police verification is not valid anymore. for CIC you need PCC done by police only.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cjs said:
I have heard that PSK police verification is not valid anymore. for CIC you need PCC done by police only.
No where it is mentioned that PSK issued PCCs are not valid. Could you please provide links where you saw this?

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-pcc-from-india-psk-issued-pcc-no-longer-acceptable-t349090.0.html

Moreover, one of the members in the forum got his application rejected because his police-provided PCC was time/place bound. Do not take the risk. Better safe than sorry. PSK issued PCCs are NOT time/place bound. This applies for the entire country.

Take a look at the below topic. Many people have submitted PSK issued PCC and their process is smooth.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I think the OP I was talking about (whose application was rejected) was from Mumbai.
Wherever in India the applicant is from, it is prudent to explore and obtain PCC from passport authorities rather than provincial police authorities. There have been multiple rejections recently because of provincially issued PCC which was time-bound or geography-bound or both. PCC issued by Indian passport authorities isn't time-bound or geography-bound and covers one's stay anywhere in the country as a tourist or citizen.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Thanks everyone.
So to move forward, verification from Passport appears to be clearly a safer option than local district police.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
Hi,

Can any Delhi applicant guide me in choosing between Delhi Police webisite or Passport India Website for my PCC based on following:
1) Which is fast in processing? What are average processing times?
2) I see Delhi Police provides e-certificate of PCC, does Passport India website also provides same certificate?
3) Anything else that anyone may suggest based on experience.

Thanks
I would suggest going ahead with Passport PCC. Police PCC is the most pathetic form of PCC I have seen.
I applied through Police in Pune and the PCC that I got was time bound and place bound, i.e. there is no adverse information bla bla bla for his stay at this city and from this period.

Before that I had PCC obtained form US and Australia. I told the police officer that through FBI I got it without time bound is it possible to get like that, and he replied "that is FBI this is Indian police".
I agree that is FBI but atleast you should have some attitude to reach there.

I again applied throuh Passport office.
My wife got it on the same day but since my passport had different address it needs to go through the same police station again.
But good thing was atleast they listen. Hope it goes all well.

Best Regards,
Omsaiom

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Fingers crossed. Am from Mumbai and have booked a PSK appointment for PCC for the day after.

I MIGHT also later apply for a direct one from the local police station, but not sure at this point.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Applied today morning at PSK both for me and my wife.
As I'd expected it's gone for a physical verification by the police due to changes such as "addition of spouse name after marriage" in both our cases.
Now, will mostly goto the Police Station on Saturday for a verification.