+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2015 SPOUSAL VISA APPLICANTS

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi All,

I filed for my wife's PR application in July 2015. We applied TRV around the end of the year and fortunately she got it as well.!!! Smiley Smiley Cheesy. Looking at the current processing times for NDVO, it looks like it is going to take anywhere between 10 - 12 months for my wife to get her PR. Currently, she is here in Canada but I have following questions related to the PR process:
Currently jan-april 2015 applicants r been processed so for july applicant it will take anywhr around 4-5 months to get ppr incase of starightforward case....u can surely hope fr sooner as ndvo is uncertain n can take any step at any moment Tongue so keep praying hard
Since she is already here, is it recommended to change her address on the file, will it help to speed up the process by any chance? Currently, address mentioned on the file is address of her residence in Mumbai, India. Should I change it to the address over here? Does anybody know if that will help to speed up the process or it is not advisable to do that?
Yes u shld infrm ndvo fr any change in address as mention on website...u can change thru ur ecas...though it wont be update sooner but surely they note the changed address on ur file....i guess on ur wife's address some one or other is there so no need to worry if they send u anything by post so u vil surely get update regarding it ......plus as ur previous communication frm cic n ndvo was thru email so mostly u will get it thru email only bt still ndvo is unpredictable as they hv send mail in rare case...so fingers crossed fr that.....
Change in address to canadian address will not speed up ur process .....many member hv changed their address so any of the way u choose is fine but according to me u jus change ur address on ecas jus an info frm u to ndvo for better presentation
She did her medicals around June 15, 2015. I am expecting her to get PR before June 15, 2016. Usually, the medicals are valid for a year from the date of application filed. Is this correct? Also, let us say she does not get PR before that, her status changes to only "DM" around June 2016 will I get automatically extension for the medicals or the VO will still ask for remedical ? I hope that she gets her pr before her meds expiry as that has been the case with few applicants on this forum but most of the applicants go thru remeds so hope fr the best....anything can happen in this process....
surely visa officer can extend her medicals in rare case fr 3 months incase if all the checks are passed and extension is jus given for landing purpose ....it wont get automately extended ....officer will contact u n make u aware that u hv to land before so n so date then u will get to knw abt ur extension....
Related to Re-meds, is it OK to do it from here, if the spouse is already here and send the results via Ottawa embassy or via courier to NDVO? Does anyone know about the cost of doing medical examination in Canada for immigration application?
Yes u can definately do ur remed in canada itself by registered panel physian on CIC/IRCC website...but almost all applicants doing their remeds in Canada hv to do complete meds as they dont do half meds....in very rare case panel physician does the only tests mentioned on remed lettr in Canada....as someone does the remed or complete med in Canada so that applicant needs to infrom NDVO by sending scan copy and even hard copy by courier to NDVO to be on safer side.....
Regarding cost I am not sure but till i remember as posted by one of the member its almost same as India i.e 100$ or something==5000rs.... But still some member who hv gone thru the payment of meds in Canada will gv u bettr reply...
I hope that interview request does not come in our case but if it comes my wife has to travel all the way to India for interview? Is it possible if at all that situation arises, can I schedule the interview over here itself instead of travelling to india?
Yes she has to come to India ...u cant schedual in Canada as now the case is with Ndvo and they need to make their decision so its their work to assses the applicant as CiC has approved sponsor....inshrt incase of interview ur wife needs to travel back to India n interview will be in New Delhi....

Any red flags in ur case that makes u think abt interview?Huh?? Surely sometimes even straight forward case hv to go thru this process....just asking....reply if u r comfortable

Please let me know. If anyone has experienced this situation please share your experiences or thoughts as that would help us to be mentally prepared for any kind of situation.

Thanks. I wish all the best for all NDVO applicants for PPR requests. Congratulations for everyone (Jan -April 2015) applicants who have received PPR/visa for landing. Great to hear! Hope NDVO further accelerates the process and everyone gets their PR fast! Grin Grin Cool

Vinod

@ Nabaaf,

Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that. That was of course very useful info.

Well, there are no red flags on our file that I suspect. It is a simple straight forward case but I just wanted to know in case if the interview request comes is there any way I can reschedule interview over here and she can avoid travelling to India in this case and that's the reason I asked that question. You know sometimes NDVO is so unpredictable that you have to be prepared for worst case scenario. :eek: I would pray hard that no such problems come our way but on the other hand I am pretty confident also that it should be fine and she should be able to get PR around May - June 2016 as per the current processing that is going on.

About the address, won't it be possible that if NDVO comes to know that my wife is already here they become relaxed with my application and that my application waits more in the queue? ??? That's the only reason I am little sceptical about updating the address on file. More ever, you are rite with email communication from CIC etc and also her family is currently residing at the address we have mentioned so in any worst case scenario they can always let us know what has been the communication from CIC etc. So again, I am not so sure about updating the address on file.

I had listed my PR processing on google spreadsheet sometime back but it was not added I guess. I don't know what happened with exactly. Sure, I can do that again. Can you send me the latest spreadsheet so that i can fill in my details?

Also, I see that your timeline is similar to mine. You filed on June 22, I filed on July 15 2015. So, what do you think when are you expecting your wife's PR? Have you also tried for your wife's TRV yet?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vinod

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi Sivakumar,

No. It will not harm your PR application. Both are 2 different routes.

Please follow this link to get all the information about visitor visa process while your PR application for your spouse is in process:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

007JB

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
22-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
21-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
06-May-2016
vnarayan said:
Hi All,

I filed for my wife's PR application in July 2015. We applied TRV around the end of the year and fortunately she got it as well.!!! Smiley Smiley Cheesy. Looking at the current processing times for NDVO, it looks like it is going to take anywhere between 10 - 12 months for my wife to get her PR. Currently, she is here in Canada but I have following questions related to the PR process:
Currently jan-april 2015 applicants r been processed so for july applicant it will take anywhr around 4-5 months to get ppr incase of starightforward case....u can surely hope fr sooner as ndvo is uncertain n can take any step at any moment Tongue so keep praying hard
Since she is already here, is it recommended to change her address on the file, will it help to speed up the process by any chance? Currently, address mentioned on the file is address of her residence in Mumbai, India. Should I change it to the address over here? Does anybody know if that will help to speed up the process or it is not advisable to do that?
Yes u shld infrm ndvo fr any change in address as mention on website...u can change thru ur ecas...though it wont be update sooner but surely they note the changed address on ur file....i guess on ur wife's address some one or other is there so no need to worry if they send u anything by post so u vil surely get update regarding it ......plus as ur previous communication frm cic n ndvo was thru email so mostly u will get it thru email only bt still ndvo is unpredictable as they hv send mail in rare case...so fingers crossed fr that.....
Change in address to canadian address will not speed up ur process .....many member hv changed their address so any of the way u choose is fine but according to me u jus change ur address on ecas jus an info frm u to ndvo for better presentation
She did her medicals around June 15, 2015. I am expecting her to get PR before June 15, 2016. Usually, the medicals are valid for a year from the date of application filed. Is this correct? Also, let us say she does not get PR before that, her status changes to only "DM" around June 2016 will I get automatically extension for the medicals or the VO will still ask for remedical ? I hope that she gets her pr before her meds expiry as that has been the case with few applicants on this forum but most of the applicants go thru remeds so hope fr the best....anything can happen in this process....
surely visa officer can extend her medicals in rare case fr 3 months incase if all the checks are passed and extension is jus given for landing purpose ....it wont get automately extended ....officer will contact u n make u aware that u hv to land before so n so date then u will get to knw abt ur extension....
Related to Re-meds, is it OK to do it from here, if the spouse is already here and send the results via Ottawa embassy or via courier to NDVO? Does anyone know about the cost of doing medical examination in Canada for immigration application?
Yes u can definately do ur remed in canada itself by registered panel physian on CIC/IRCC website...but almost all applicants doing their remeds in Canada hv to do complete meds as they dont do half meds....in very rare case panel physician does the only tests mentioned on remed lettr in Canada....as someone does the remed or complete med in Canada so that applicant needs to infrom NDVO by sending scan copy and even hard copy by courier to NDVO to be on safer side.....
Regarding cost I am not sure but till i remember as posted by one of the member its almost same as India i.e 100$ or something==5000rs.... But still some member who hv gone thru the payment of meds in Canada will gv u bettr reply...
I hope that interview request does not come in our case but if it comes my wife has to travel all the way to India for interview? Is it possible if at all that situation arises, can I schedule the interview over here itself instead of travelling to india?
Yes she has to come to India ...u cant schedual in Canada as now the case is with Ndvo and they need to make their decision so its their work to assses the applicant as CiC has approved sponsor....inshrt incase of interview ur wife needs to travel back to India n interview will be in New Delhi....

Any red flags in ur case that makes u think abt interview?Huh?? Surely sometimes even straight forward case hv to go thru this process....just asking....reply if u r comfortable

Please let me know. If anyone has experienced this situation please share your experiences or thoughts as that would help us to be mentally prepared for any kind of situation.

Thanks. I wish all the best for all NDVO applicants for PPR requests. Congratulations for everyone (Jan -April 2015) applicants who have received PPR/visa for landing. Great to hear! Hope NDVO further accelerates the process and everyone gets their PR fast! Grin Grin Cool

Vinod

@ Nabaaf,

Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that. That was of course very useful info.

Well, there are no red flags on our file that I suspect. It is a simple straight forward case but I just wanted to know in case if the interview request comes is there any way I can reschedule interview over here and she can avoid travelling to India in this case and that's the reason I asked that question. You know sometimes NDVO is so unpredictable that you have to be prepared for worst case scenario. :eek: I would pray hard that no such problems come our way but on the other hand I am pretty confident also that it should be fine and she should be able to get PR around May - June 2016 as per the current processing that is going on.

About the address, won't it be possible that if NDVO comes to know that my wife is already here they become relaxed with my application and that my application waits more in the queue? ??? That's the only reason I am little sceptical about updating the address on file. More ever, you are rite with email communication from CIC etc and also her family is currently residing at the address we have mentioned so in any worst case scenario they can always let us know what has been the communication from CIC etc. So again, I am not so sure about updating the address on file.

I had listed my PR processing on google spreadsheet sometime back but it was not added I guess. I don't know what happened with exactly. Sure, I can do that again. Can you send me the latest spreadsheet so that i can fill in my details?

Also, I see that your timeline is similar to mine. You filed on June 22, I filed on July 15 2015. So, what do you think when are you expecting your wife's PR? Have you also tried for your wife's TRV yet?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vinod
hey regarding the address change, my lawyer asked us not to change anything.. iam on trv too.. jus thought of letting u know on that.. we july ppl can expect something around mid may.. hope for the best.. :)

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
Naj1 said:
I think they should give you visa as soon as possible + a gold medal for waithing this long being apart from love on. This is not a fair process. Call your MP and what it says on ecase last line? anyone else can help this applicant with better idea?
Thanks Naj. It really HAS been a very frustrating process thus far. I've been in contact with my MP and he sent a letter to NDVO via snail-mail...so hopefully they take some action. According to my notes, the visa is even ready to be printed but still no PPR, which is ridiculous!

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
DM: 01-10-2016 passport Req: 03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Hey guys I did an mp enquiry last week and my mp just got back with me.
My interview is waived thank god.
She didn't really say much just the same old thing. Wait time is 17 months!

DohMan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 (Upfront) and 04-02-2016 (Re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-03-2016
Good News BMN..
One less thing to worry about for you..

Kapar

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank goodness @BMN hopefully all goes well for you soon...I submitted ADR on Feb 23 to delhi office thru courier one of the senior members please update....took us a while to get fathers name on birth certificate here in BC

india_d

Jan 21, 2016
Hi All, I want to know what is the general time frame once acknowlegment of file is received by NDVO i have got the AOR2 from NDVO now how much time will take to DM my status shows in progress. Also i want to know what all lines will come like medical received pcc received does these lines come on ecas on applicant page. Thanks.

PS070315

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 14, 2016
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
File Transfer...
May 19, 2015. In Progress
Med's Request
Mar 15,2016
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2015, Mar 16,2016
india_d said:
Hi All, I want to know what is the general time frame once acknowlegment of file is received by NDVO i have got the AOR2 from NDVO now how much time will take to DM my status shows in progress. Also i want to know what all lines will come like medical received pcc received does these lines come on ecas on applicant page. Thanks.
Can you share your timeline so that we can answer your question in better way.
As per current trend time it takes 11 to 13 months for decision made.

PS070315

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 14, 2016
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
File Transfer...
May 19, 2015. In Progress
Med's Request
Mar 15,2016
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2015, Mar 16,2016
Kapar said:
Thank goodness @BMN hopefully all goes well for you soon...I submitted ADR on Feb 23 to delhi office thru courier one of the senior members please update....took us a while to get fathers name on birth certificate here in BC
@BMN it's good that there is no interview.. U can apply for TRV thn

@kapra apart from courier my lawyer also sent them mail confirmation stating we have sent all the documents via courier. We also sent one set of soft copy in the same mail.

The reason why it takes 50 + days for most of the ADR cases is because CIC ll start processing our file only after the dead line date is over. Hope you hear back soon from them.

Naj1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2014
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 2015
Med's Done....
1st med September 14,2014 Remed December 2015
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Waiting patiently inshallah decision made 7 march 2016
VISA ISSUED...
God knows
LANDED..........
God knows
Outlandish said:
Thanks Naj. It really HAS been a very frustrating process thus far. I've been in contact with my MP and he sent a letter to NDVO via snail-mail...so hopefully they take some action. According to my notes, the visa is even ready to be printed but still no PPR, which is ridiculous!
You are welcome make sure keep in touch with MP.

Keyurderasari

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
gujarat
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 march 2015
AOR Received.
20 may 2015
File Transfer...
13 may 2015
Med's Request
26 january 2016 (ReMedical)
Med's Done....
1 february 2016
Interview........
hope not
any March people getting any update? specially March 13 applicant...

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
DohMan said:
Good News BMN..
One less thing to worry about for you..
Thanks yea your right. Specially after ADR was submitted

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Kapar said:
Hey thanks a lot.
And rests good news! I know it takes time for all that but as long as it's all done with n u have submitted the documents.

gurkul

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
in spreadsheet only 3 april applicant got update,i think most of april applicant like jst,jaskaur,isingh,jasse harsingh etc. are not active on forum,
thay must have got update,but priya.k is active member and she will surely post when she will get update.
guys plz keep updating