20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
Hello ,

I have applied for dependent child sponsorship on Oct 2015. I received my AOR from new delhi office on Jan20th.
Could you please update us how long its takes to receive PR for dependent child. At present ,My child ( 4 yrs old )is with me on TRV but i will apply for TRV Extension soon in coming march 2016.

Sorry for posting the query in spousal thread as i couldnt find page for dependend child.

Thanks .

Bubba_bear

Jan 7, 2016
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 July 2015
AOR Received.
6 sep 2015
Med's Done....
14 may 2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
AFTER PPR
LANDED..........
AFTER VISA ISSUED
hello all who are miising their spouse on wedding anniversary ,,,,,why ur spouse cannot comme to india and celebrated anniversary ,,,,?

Bubba_bear

Jan 7, 2016
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 July 2015
AOR Received.
6 sep 2015
Med's Done....
14 may 2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
AFTER PPR
LANDED..........
AFTER VISA ISSUED
what is gcms note ? please explain ,,,,

gurkul

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
m going to india to celebrate our first marriage anniversary..hope on delhi -Vancouver flight my husband will be travelling with me
god plz plz plz help us

preetgill

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th march 2015
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
In process on 9th oct
File Transfer...
15 may 2015
Med's Request
remed req: 20th jan 2015/remed done: 21st jan2015
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
22 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 feb 2016
LANDED..........
2 march 2016
Bubba_bear said:
what is gcms note ? please explain ,,,,
GCMS notes are essentially all of the notes that CIC will have on your file, it gives u a basic info about where your application has reached in terms of processing or what all checks have been cleared. it can only be ordered by a person living in canada. you can click in my signature on how to apply them or you can click on the following CIC link for more info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

hope this helps...........:)

preetgill

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th march 2015
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
In process on 9th oct
File Transfer...
15 may 2015
Med's Request
remed req: 20th jan 2015/remed done: 21st jan2015
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
22 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 feb 2016
LANDED..........
2 march 2016
snowboy said:
Hello ,

I have applied for dependent child sponsorship on Oct 2015. I received my AOR from new delhi office on Jan20th.
Could you please update us how long its takes to receive PR for dependent child. At present ,My child ( 4 yrs old )is with me on TRV but i will apply for TRV Extension soon in coming march 2016.

Sorry for posting the query in spousal thread as i couldnt find page for dependend child.

Thanks .
Sorry i have no knowledge with your query, someone with more experience and knowledge will answer u I am sure. i hope NDVO people give priority to dependant child visas. on CIC website its mentioned 16 months, hopefully they will do it in less time.........all the best........

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Nabaaf said:
Hello ripper360
I would like to gv u the slight inside of flagpoling landing coz i had done lot of search regarding it wen i had applied fr my trv....bt unfortunately it was rejected....no worriess....so i hope atleast my info shld help u in some way......its jus a 15 mins procedure sooo relax abt it......U dont need to worry at all fr flagpoling landing.....its very easy going as officers on the border r completely aware of the procedure n its their daily basis work coz lot of inland ppl do their landing thru flagpoling or thru cic office.......u jus hv to go to border n take "U" turn n entr canada again....thats it.....while entrying canada....
U would be gvn form to complete ur address in Canada, a document with future goods that u plan to bring to Canada (this is if you need to bring stuff that could be taxed) they will ask u few questions here n there like how much money u have in ur account (not much to worry ,he may even ask ur husband, the idea is to make sure that u r able to live in canada).....and if u r lucky then they would not even ask u anything.....so surely u dont need to worry alot......then officer vil cancel ur visitor visa and PR visa will be stamped on ur passport...........then u hv to wait fr ur PR card for about 3 months and then meanwhile u can apply for health card and SIN...........They will congratulated u and thats done...... Nothing too fancy and they all know about the flag pole, so it is no problem to do the landing from within..........At CIC office you must wait several weeks for an appointment.........if incase u hv plan to leave the country until u get the PR card u must announce embassy to give u some documents(travel document), mostly for the airlines, this is because aftr pr stamp ur visitor visa is cancelled and u vil be a resident so u cannot entr Canada again as a visitor....... Hope this helps!
God bless u n best wishess.... 8)

Cheers :)

Nabaaf
Hey, one question. Wouldn't somebody on a visitor visa to Canada need a US visa to enter US from Canada? I know it's not a requirement for a Canadian citizen or PR, but what about someone who is on a TRV to Canada? Will US officials let you enter US just like that?

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
DM: 01-10-2016 passport Req: 03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
AH2512 said:
Hi BMN, Can totally understand how frustrating it might be.. truly hope all the people in Jan/Feb waiting hear back with regards to re-med/DM/PPRs.. *fingers crossed*
Yes I'm also hoping jan and Feb applicants can hear good news this February! !

gurkul

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
u need visa to enter usa,u can apply online for usa visa if u are on visitor visa, u have chances to get usa visa,but its luck

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
destican said:
What is considered the best way to inform NDVO without impacting other things?
I'm sorry, I don't know. That's why I recommended calling the CIC helpline and checking with them.

If anyone has a confirmed answer for this please share it with other forum members too. Question is how to just inform NDVO that Principal Applicant is in Canada on TRV without having to change the address on ECAS. Thanks.

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
AH2512 said:
Hi everyone, so my husband did his re-medical on January 30th 2016. The waiting games continues.... ::)

Also, I know we keep wondering about timelines and why some people get it faster than others etc.. I completely agree with what others members have said about the straight-forwardness of a case etc.. But I was looking at the NDVO 2015 spreadsheet and I feel most members are going by the Application Filed/Recd date and the important date is the date it was recd at NDVO .. so you may be a Feb 23 applicant but if your file reached NDVO on May 25 then you and a March 10 applicant whose file was also recd around May 25 have similar timeline.

This may be a silly realization but I had a AHA moment and thought it might help/assure someone if they are like me and worrying why some people from the same date as theirs is not getting any update.. And also help some others to determine if they need to apply for GCMS notes.

Have a great weekend everyone and wishing good news to all ;D
This makes sense and seems like a more logical approach actually.

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
gurkul said:
oriya k ,even pr card holder need usa visa ,
I did not know that. Thanks for informing.

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
snowboy said:
Hello ,

Thanks .
You could start a new thread with this question and some other members experienced in this area will get back to you.

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
priya.k said:
Hey, one question. Wouldn't somebody on a visitor visa to Canada need a US visa to enter US from Canada? I know it's not a requirement for a Canadian citizen or PR, but what about someone who is on a TRV to Canada? Will US officials let you enter US just like that?
Hello priya.k......
Surely visitor visa is a requirement fr all pr holders as well as canadians to enter U.S....visiting U.S and landing procedure fr canadian pr r two different topics....so the flagpole landing which i mentiond doesnt require U.S visa....its the daily process fr the officer on the border(to facilited inland applications n other applicants on trv to do landing without actually leaving the country if they gt pr approval) n while entrying U.S u need to explain abt fr what u r thr....they vil guide u properly n till i knw they r really helpfull 8)
I hope this helps.....
Best wishes

Cheers :)

Nabaaf