15-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
destican said:
My spouse got TRV this morning.

Hello Destican,

Can you please provide me in detail how did you apply for TRV? Which documents are needed?

I have the same time line as you and i don't believe my spouse will get her visa before March.

Thanks

destican

Star Member
Dec 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 (Upfront); Re-med: 15-01-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
shah321 said:
Hello Destican,

Can you please provide me in detail how did you apply for TRV? Which documents are needed?

I have the same time line as you and i don't believe my spouse will get her visa before March.

Thanks
The process was fairly simple and straightforward for us. We showed job letter, few bookings, invite letter from me and the financial statements of my spouse.

The reason we stated was to celebrate our first anniversary in January. She go one year multiple entry. We also got her US visa before. Not sure if that helped.

jp0007

Nov 19, 2014
seems they are tricky just sending remedical requests ,as they did writting inprocess dates , maybe politics new govt wanna concole us by showing somethinf is being done otherwise we ppr of remedical request in dec 2015(esp 1st-15 th) would have got ppr ,hais there anyone who renedical request in november go the ppr or visa stamped passport back

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
karankullar said:
I was in the same dilemma as you and I decided not to change any name or add any names on the passport. Instead, I am sending in the application and then change the names on the passport and send CIC the updates version later on. One of our family friends have done this and it works just fine. Although I might even end up not changing her name or adding any name until she is approved.

I hope I am doing the right thing. Any suggestions are welcome.
Yeah I didn't make any changes in my passport either. One of the main reasons was that my passport had the stamps from a trip to the UAE a few years before I got married and I needed those to show my travel history. Moreover we thought that having the same name on all the documents, for eg birth certificate, educational documents, work documents, marriage certificate and passport is better. I am still using my maiden name as my official name and I intent to start using my husband's surname only after I get my PR.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
priya.k said:
Yeah I didn't make any changes in my passport either. One of the main reasons was that my passport had the stamps from a trip to the UAE a few years before I got married and I needed those to show my travel history. Moreover we thought that having the same name on all the documents, for eg birth certificate, educational documents, work documents, marriage certificate and passport is better. I am still using my maiden name as my official name and I intent to start using my husband's surname only after I get my PR.
Very nice .. there ll be no complications if name is same in all docs .. wt evr changes to be done can wait later after getting pr

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Sandip.it1988 said:
Hi ,

I got my PR in June 2015 , I am back in India now for marriage and I want to sponsor my wife after going back to Canada.

will my wife has to change her name in passport (indicating my name as her middle name instead of her father's name) Or just adding my name as spouse name would be fine ?

Thanks in advance.... looking for answer as soon as possible :(
It's not necessary. You can apply with her old passport it's not an issue.

Just one tip - If she hasn't gotten her medical done yet, try to arrange it in a way that there is a gap of only about 15-20 days between her medical and the date on which CIC receives your application. That way you might be able to avoid re-medical when your turn comes.

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
priya.k said:
My wife also applied with her maiden name but my question is how would she add my surname after she gets PR
.. we will have to apply a new PR card after changing the name?

Please reply

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
brandyzene said:
Hello guys,

I have applied for my wife spouse visa in February 2015
We had only court marriage no hindu ceremonial marriage.
Last evening I received email frm immigration office stating they need hindu marriage ceremony proof and also other function photographs which did not take place.
They have given me 30 days to reply.
Currently my wife is with me on visitors visa in Canada.
Can anyone guide me what can be done in this situation.
I will appreciate the reply.
You could give them the reasons why you didn't have a ceremonial marriage, for eg you didn't want it to be an extravagant affair or there were financial constraints or whatever. Be straight forward with them. If you have any photographs of the day of your marriage or honeymoon or any photographs with family and friends in it, send them in. Or if there are pictures of you with the registrar of marriage in it (you must mention that thats the gentleman who got you married) or in front of the court complex (Sorry I don't know exactly how court marriages work, I'm just guessing based on what I've seen in movies). Their main purpose is to determine if your relationship is genuine and not just a fraud marriage so you will have to convince them about that. If you have any pictures with your spouse even before your marriage you can send those as well. Explain to them why you didn't have a ceremonial marriage. I'm sure they will consider if you can convince them.

priya.k

Dec 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
harpreet470 said:
My wife also applied with her maiden name but my question is how would she add my surname after she gets PR
.. we will have to apply a new PR card after changing the name?

Please reply
I don't have the answer to that yet, I'll have to do some research on it myself. The way I see it, as long as you get to live with your spouse (with the government's blessings :p) it doesn't matter what surname you use. For now my priority is to join my husband ASAP and I figured the same name on all documents just makes it easier for my file to get through. This is my personal opinion.

jp0007

Nov 19, 2014
Sandip.it1988 said:
Hi ,

I got my PR in June 2015 , I am back in India now for marriage and I want to sponsor my wife after going back to Canada.

will my wife has to change her name in passport (indicating my name as her middle name instead of her father's name) Or just adding my name as spouse name would be fine ?

Thanks in advance.... looking for answer as soon as possible :(

Sandip
just add the spouse name in it nothing else do ne done ,proofs needed to change surname will be ur marriage certificate but i suggest not to change names no need to add surname y u want her to ass surname keep her name as her but if u want no problem its very easy no probelm while applying as there are 2 commons of name while applying for pr visa application .it is not at all a concern of worry

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
shah321 said:
Hello Destican,

Thanks
Hi Destican,
Here some information from this thread by some one posted.
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me!

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you.

Good luck & God Speed everyone!

Regds.

supreetdolly09

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th March, 2015
AOR Received.
14th May,2015, InProcess since 9th Oct,2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
21st May,2015
Med's Request
remedical on 13th january 2016 chest x-ray ...completed n uploaded on 14th jan 2016
Med's Done....
2nd Feb,2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made on 8th Feb,2016...PPR soon to arrive
VISA ISSUED...
5 February 2016
LANDED..........
6 march 2016
Anyone ...any update????
Really very sadd.....
Not happy with both NDVO and CIC

CIC for increasing processing times
And NDVO for slowing down processing speed.
Huhhh

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
supreetdolly09 said:
Anyone ...any update????
Really very sadd.....
Not happy with both NDVO and CIC

CIC for increasing processing times
And NDVO for slowing down processing speed.
Huhhh
No update so far...hope that ppr will come this week.